Jesper x Reader: Jealousy

This works for females and males and non-binary people, I think.

Y/n P. O. V

"So you are telling me," Inej rubbed her temples for the fifth time this evening. "You are jealous of the goat?"

My eyes widened. "NO! I would never be jealous of a goat!" I snapped. Inej gave me a look. I averted my eyes and I saw Jesper hugging Milo. I turned back to Inej. "Fine I'm jealous of a goat." Inej exhaled slowly. I extended my arms to the side. "In my defence, Inej, I am jealous over how much time Jesper is with Milo, and not with me."

"But it's a GOAT!" Inej spoke. "Jesper isn't a furry, and you are his partner." "But for all we know, Jesper could love Milo instead of me."

"Y/n, Jesper loves you! I'm positive he does." Inej said softly. I rolled my eyes. "He gave Milo a bullet! Saints, HE NAMED MILO!" I yelled in frustration.

"What are you two talking about right now?" Both of us turned around to see Kaz. "Y/n here, is jealous of a goat." Inej explains to him while pointing at me. I raised my hands defensively. "Woah woah woah. Like I said, in my defence, I'm jealous of how much time Jesper is spending with the goat. I'm not jealous of the goat!" I replied. "Stop making goo goo eyes at the goat and focus on the upcoming task." Kaz said.

I rolled my eyes. "More like I'm going to turn it into lamb chops." Kaz looked between Inej and I before slowly backing away and turning around, finally walking away. Inej and I looked at each other before shrugging.

I glanced back at Jesper, who was still saying his goodbyes to Milo. "Inej look at how long he's taking saying goodbye to a goat. He always says goodbye, hugs me, and leaves. Jes is spending so much time with Milo I just-" I let out frustrated squeaks and an exasperated sigh. "Why am I jealous of a goat?" Inej rolled her eyes. "That's what I've been asking you for the past hour."

"What have you been asking Y/n for the past hour?"

We both saw Jesper standing there confused. "What's going on?" He asked once more. Inej gave me a look. My eyes widened and I shook my head. Inej sighed and walked away.

"I'm not involved anymore. It's not my business."

I looked back at Jesper. "Oh, it's just nothing! Don't worry!"

Time skip

Kaz had given Jesper and I a new mission; to listen in on some gang and find out more about the Sun Summoner. And it has something to do with listening to some soldiers at a bar. I didn't really care; I was still massively pissed at Jesper. "Y/n?" I heard Kaz ask.
"Lamb chops." I said surprisingly. Why did I even say that?
Jesper snorted. "Lamb chops? Are you hungry love?"
I shook my head and focused on what Kaz said, who gave me a disapproving glance.

Gotta keep my love life out of this.

Time skip again

Lovely explosions had bombed the bar. And now the place was in tatters. What a lovely new bar that now has holes.

Currently, Jesper and I were hiding behind a table that was on its side and the soldiers were all shooting at us.

Good news: they weren't wearing kefta so they probably weren't Grisha.
Bad news: they are literally outnumbering us of two to twenty.

"Well, isn't this lovely." I said, sighing at the tall man beside me.
"I never even said a final goodbye to Milo!" Jesper cried. "Oh saints..." I rolled my eyes. Jesper glanced at me. "What's wrong?" I glanced back at him, honestly I wanted to strangle this guy but I also just want to kill Milo, but he's too sweet and cute that I could never hurt Milo. At the end, I couldn't turn him into lamb chops.
Jesper on the other hand...
Him I could choke...

"Nothing! Just go back to talking about the goat while I deal with these idiots." I snapped as I shot the guards before ducking back behind the table to reload. "Wait a second...are you jealous?" Jesper smirked. I rolled my eyes. "Saints no." I stated. Jesper chuckled as we both turned around and shot our guns. "Yes you are! Oh! Little ol' Y/n L/n is jealous!" Jesper cheered happily. We both ducked behind the rubble. I turned to him and smacked the back of his head. "Ok, do tell me: who should I be jealous of? The goat?"

Jesper groaned. "His name is Milo!"

"Whatever!" I snapped and shot them again. "Look! You gave that goat-" "MILO!" Jesper corrected. I rolled my eyes. "You gave Milo a ten minute goodbye when you barely even say a goodbye to me! Just a hug and you leave! Did I do something wrong? Why do you keep doing that?!"

Jesper opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. He closed it an opened it again. He looked like a gaping fish. Frustrated, Jesper groaned.

"I need to blow off some steam." Jesper announced as he stood up from behind the table and fired, killing several men instantly. Finally, when we were all alone, Jesper turned towards me and grabbed me by my waist, both of us running out of the horrible crumbling place.

"You have nothing to be jealous about, love. You're too gorgeous. Besides, as much as I care about Milo, you are the one who stole my heart. I love you." Jesper said.

I blushed slightly at the contact, but went back to putting on my angry face. I jabbed a finger in his chest and glared. "Fine, but then I deserve to know why I only get 1 second farewells and Milo has 10 minutes." I raised an eye brow at Jesper, waiting to hear the answer of my question.

"I...still don't have an answer for that yet." Jesper admitted. I glared at him.

"You're lucky I love you, Fahey." I said and walked away. "I know I'm lucky! Oh, and I love you too Y/n!"