Alina Starkov x Kirigan! Reader

Reader is the daughter of General Kirigan. She's also a Shadow Summoner
Warnings: angst, this may have abuse and manipulations in it. It's the Darkling what do we expect, character deaths.
Also uh, expect no sense in the time skip.

Y/n P. O. V

I was currently being trained by Grandma Baghra. She told me how to control the Shadows, to master the Cut. I felt proud of myself. I had grown a lot over the years... and I mean a lot.

I know my dad was the one and only Darkling who created the Fold. Grandma Baghra told me. My father barely spoke to me unless there's someone important. And he didn't really raise me well so I turned out more like Grandma than my father. She cared about me and took care of me. I was always really happy around her. Honestly, she helped me become a Grisha trainer. She was always more proud than my own father. Who I grew to hate.

Everything changed when a new girl who looked my aged arrived. Alina Starkov was her name, and if I'm entirely honest, she is pretty hot, (Pun intended). Apparently she was saved by my father from Fjerdans. I tried to speak to my father, but nothing. He wouldn't tell me anything and wouldn't listen to me. I hated that feeling. I wish he could care for ONCE.
Sure, Grandma Baghra was strict and weird when it came to emotions, but she still tried to show she cared in her own ways. That being able to make me strong enough to defend myself when she couldn't.

"Alina! Perfect timing! This is Y/n. Y/n Kirigan. She's the daughter of the General." Nadia explained. Alina's eyes slightly widened. I guess she didn't expect that.

I couldn't blame her.

"Hello Alina. You can call me Y/n/n." I smiled as I outstretched my hand. She hesitantly shook it with a smile on her face.

After a while, I found my father in his office. I knocked on the door hoping for an answer. "Come in." I heard and walked in.
"Hello, father. May I speak with you?" Father glanced up from his papers. "Y/n. What do you need?"

"How long is Alina going to be staying?" I asked nervously. My father didn't take a second glance up from his papers. "As long as I need her."

"Could I ask what type of Grisha is she?" I asked.

"You really are deaf and stupid sometimes, Hm?" He said, finally looking up at me. I felt myself wanting to squirm under his glance, but I straightened up and stood tall. "She's the Sun Summoner. And with her help both you and I could control the volcra inside the Fold. That way, Y/n/n dearest, I'll make sure all Grisha are safer; make sure you are safer." Father said. He stood up from his desk and walked over to hug me. I didn't want a hug, no matter how rare they were. "Don't you want to hug your good old dad, Y/n?" Father asked, a certain tone in his voice was something I knew of. I had to hug him otherwise he would do something horrifying. So I did hug him back.

"That's a good daughter. You know, everyday you look more and more like your mother." He stated softly. My eyes pricked with tears, but I bit them back. "Thank you, Father."

P. O. V Change

Y/n had just left her father's chambers and she ran outside, passing by Nadia and Marie. Y/n went into a small forest clearing and sat there, curled up into a ball and began crying her heart out. This was her own secret place. One place for her only.

"Hey, are you alright?"
Y/n quickly wiped her face and jumped, raising her arms to use the Shadows, when she saw it was just Alina.

Y/n sniffed as she wiped her eyes. "Alina...? I mean." She cleared her throat. "Ms. Starkov." Y/n greeted. "How May I help you?" Y/n asked. Alina walked closer to Y/n and smiled. "Alina is ok. But are you alright? You were crying... is there any way I could help?"

"No, it's alright. Don't worry Alina." Y/n replied.

Alina didn't say anything. She just took a few steps forward and hugged Y/n. Y/n flinched. She pulled away. "I'm sorry. You don't like hugs?" Y/n nodded her head. "I don't like them often. Hand holding is enough for me." Y/n explained.

"Alright. Whatever you say, Y/n."

A few days later,  Alina and Y/n began hanging out more and more often. At some point, Y/n had finally told Alina her sexuality and said she liked girls too (in case you said you're bi or pan, if you're a full on lesbian then ignore it). Alina smiled and admitted she was bisexual. And that was when they confessed to one another.

Since then, Y/n got one very beautiful eclipse necklace. It was in obsidian stone. Alina never could've had a more beautiful gift. That was the day, the day when Alina first said she loves Y/n. And Y/n returned the feelings.

All they could do, was hope that they would survive together for the rest of their lives.

Time skip

"No... no no no!" Alina screamed.The Darkling used the Cut and aimed at Alina, but Y/n pushed her out of the way in time, causing it to slice her chest. Nothing except for a gasp left Y/n's mouth. Alina sprinted over to Y/n, placing her hands over the black stained kefta. "No, no please, Y/n/n, please! My Night. Come on, please! Just look at me." Alina cried. Her white hair falling over Y/n's face. Y/n's e/c eyes were wide, her pupils dilated. Alina's tears fell down on Y/n's cheeks.

Kirigan's jaw tightened as he bit back his own tears. No matter how much he didn't spend time with her, she was still his daughter. What remained of his blood family. And now...
She's dead.

"How many more must die for you Alina? Especially those who I also cared for?"

"You are a monster! You never cared about Y/n!" Alina screamed as she cradled Y/n's face. "Healer!" Alina screamed. But they knew better.
There were no healer's close by.

The team needed to run.

Since Y/n was a living amplifier... a piece of her own bone was poking out.

"I love you, and I'm so sorry Y/n." Alina spoke, holding onto the bone and she blinded everyone in the room, giving a chance for her friends and her to escape. Mal ran over and began pulling Alina away from Y/n's dead body. Alina screamed and thrashed around in his arms. The only thing she had left of Y/n now, was the necklace that was given to her. A small obsidian eclipse.

When in safety, everyone broke down. They knew they made it that far with the help of Y/n. She had done so much for them.

But Alina was hurting the most. The love of her life, her night sky, her fiancée, was now dead.

The Darkling was going to pay.

Alina swore upon Y/n's name that she will destroy the Fold and stop the Darkling.

And now, no one is going to stop our Alina Starkov, our broken-hearted Sun Summoner, from destroying the Darkling and the Fold.