The Darkling/ Kirigan x Shy! Reader

Reader is the Sun Summoner
Requested by Tori_Offical
Okay but I'm a sucker for Ben Barnes-
He's like, my dream husband also I'm sorry this is shit I'll edit it in the future. It's currently midnight and I'm tired haha...

I was actually a no one. I was a really shy person. My only friends were Mal and Alina, but I was always third-wheeling. That made me get really nervous when talking to new people.

It was the day the grisha came to check if there are more grisha in the orphanage. Alina and Mal were injured and couldn't be tested, but when it was my turn... I panicked. I didn't know what to do... when they pricked my hand and that was when the room was filled with sunlight, making the entire room glow a bright light. Everyone in the room gasped. I looked at Mal and Alina.

They looked horrified.

"She's the Sun Summoner. We are taking her with us," The Grisha lady stated. Mal and Alina were still terrified. Alina wanted to run forward towards me, as well as Mal, but Ana Kuya held them back, looking sadly at the both of them and back at me. "Ana Kuya?"

The Grisha pulled me away. "No, Mal! Alina! No please let me stay! Let me stay!" I sobbed and fought. Alina and Mal were crying for me, but they only hugged each other.

Tears fell out of my eyes. I can't believe them. They just... why?

When in the coach, I looked up to see the Grisha. "Don't worry. You weren't going to ever belong here, you'll find a new home in the Little Palace."

I sighed and looked out. I couldn't believe that I was supposedly the long lost Sun Summoner.

Isn't that brilliant.

"Hey there, new girl, right?" A girl with black hair and blue eyes came up to me. I nodded shyly. "I'm Zoya, Zoya Nazyalensky. And you are..?"

"Y/n L/n..." I whispered. Zoya's eyes widened. "Wow, you are shy. Well, then I guess I can be your friend, shy or not. You seem real cool." She smiled.

I smiled. "So what type of Grisha are you?"

"I'm a Squaller. And you?"

"I'm a Sun Summoner, apparently," I whispered, and she heard. She let out a gasp. "Wait, really? That's so cool!"

I smiled. Even though I was shy, I knew I'd be doing good with a friend like Zoya.

Now, from 12, I became 18, and now for the first time, I'm meeting the Darkling. Till now I was training with Baghra and Botkin, meaning I was busy all the time. I couldn't take a breather. No one explained why I was so special. All I knew is that Sun Summoners and Shadow Summoners were very rare. Nothing else.

"Heya Y/n/n!" Zoya called out, making me jump, "Where are ya off to?"

"I'm meeting with the Darkling," I replied. Zoya smiled. "Lucky you, getting to meet the hottest man of them all! Well, good luck, and if you need anything, let me know."

I smiled at her. "Thank you, Zoya."

Zoya smiled in return and ran off.

I finally reached the doors to the Darkling's chambers, knocking on it softly.

Nothing.

This time I knocked a little louder, and a voice replied. "Come in."

I walked in nervously. Inside, the Darkling was going over some papers, making her hesitantly walk over. "Ivan look if you need to say something say it no-" he finally looked up and met her gaze. She wanted to shrink away from the intensity of his gaze. "You're obviously not Ivan, wait, aren't you the Sun Summoner? Uh, Y/n L/n, right?"

I nodded. Good lord he was gorgeous. I wouldn't be surprised if this was an inferni assistant, but I knew it was him by his black kefta. "Y-yes..." I stuttered like an idiot, "that's my name."

"You're quite a shy one aren't you?" He asked, walking over to me until he stood directly in front of me. He hooked his fingers under my chin causing me to look at him. "There's nothing to be nervous about. My name is Aleksander Kirigan, and I'm not going to hurt you. You know that by now, right?"

I slowly nodded my head.
"Good," he began walking around me, inspecting my appearance, "you're very beautiful, Ms. L/n." He spoke, causing me to slowly shudder. He was right behind me now, his chin on my right shoulder. "You should come here more often, I'd like to get to know you better."

My breath hitched as I slowly turned around to face him. "I'd... like to get to know you, too," I whispered. He smiled as he cupped my cheek. "You're absolutely beautiful." I held his hand and smiled at him, blushing heavily.

He then pulled away. "I sadly have more work to do, maybe we can meet later?"

I nodded too quickly. "Yes, yes, I'd love to!"

"Good, then, see you soon. It was great meeting you, Ms. L/n."

"Great meeting you too, Kirigan," I smiled as I left him room. Outside, when the doors were closed, I slowly slid down the door, an absentminded smile on my face.

It was at that moment I knew.
I had fallen for him, the Darkling.