Six of Crows x Reader

Matthias is here as well
Imagine this as many years after, maybe 2 decades later

Y/n P. O. V

I sat down on a stool in the Crow Club, popping my fingers as I looked at the piano.

I inhaled once and exhaled deeply.

"This is the city of toxic smoke
We trade our lungs for a noose of rope
Under our feet and the tilted ground
Ashes of runaways never found."

Maybe I wasn't a Crow, maybe I just helped sometimes, but everyone loved hanging out with me.

"Here is where the monsters hide
Only the wicked can survive."

Nina Zenik and I were running throughout the Little Palace's halls, it was a bit of a break for everyone. I was an Inferni while she was a Heartrender, but that didn't stop us from hanging out a majority of the time.

"A girl's lethal melody
She just wants to be set free
She fights among the cursed six of crows
Who does she fight for, we'll never know."

"Drüskelle!" I yelled out angrily at Matthias Helvar, the man who kidnapped Nina. I got in position to attack, but Nina stepped forward. "Don't! He helped me!"

After that encounter, Matthias and I would have some quiet conversations, we would hang out and I would sometimes play pranks on him, causing him to want to strangle me but Nina always saves my life.

"A soldier lost everything
In debt to his enemies
He fights among the cursed six of crows
What does he fight for, we'll never know, never know."

My fingers delicately went over the piano keys.

"Here we are free-falling in the dark
And holding daggers to our hearts
This could be the gamble of our lives
But you can't kill what's already died
Let's light this up anyway
And live to dance in the flames."

"I'm just a gay mess!" Wylan exclaimed as he sat down on the couch beside me. "Then I'm also a mess." I replied. "I think the best thing you could do is just tell Jesper how you feel."  Wylan looked at me with a look of "are you kidding me right now", causing me to snort. "Alright, how about we just play some card games?" I asked, and he smiled and nodded.

"A son bound by golden chains
He just wants to breakaway
He fights among the cursed six of crows
Where does he come from, we'll never know."

Getting in position, I brought my hands together as Jesper fired at Pekka's men. "Y/n/n... NOW!" Jesper yelled, causing me to basically set the place around Pekka's men ablaze, burning some of them. "Nice job, Y/n L/n." Jesper winked. "Not bad yourself, Jesper Fahey." I smirked back. "I somehow wonder how on Earth I survived without you until now." Jesper questioned.

"A sharpshooter aiming high
This time, he will get it right
He fights among the cursed six of crows
Where does that come from, we'll never know, never know."

My fingers continued flittering around the piano keys, and I felt proud of myself.

"Can you hear the ocean calling?
Leave behind the feathers falling
In our wake as we surrender
All our doubt."

I took in a deep breath and smiled sadly.

"Can you remember
What it feels like to be human?
Maybe this is how we'll lose it all
We left our souls with the devil where they belong."

Tante Heleen sent her men after me, I got my hands in position, but before anything, a small woman started defending me from the henchmen. I looked around, and one was about to attack her. I called upon the fire and burned that henchmen alive. The woman turned around. How didn't I notice before, that's the Wraith.

"We have to go." She said.
"Wait! My name is Y/n L/n. May I know your name?" I asked hesitantly. She turned around and glanced at me.
"Inej Ghafa."

"Silent footsteps of a ghost
I think she died long ago
She fights among the cursed six of crows
Where is her heart, we may never know."

Inej led me to the Crow Club.
There, she left me in a room and soon enough, a man with a crow cane walked up into the room. "The Wraith brought me here." I spoke. "Her name is Inej. I am Kaz Brekker." The man introduced. "The bastard of the barrel?" I asked. Kaz didn't react. "I need a job, Mr. Brekker."
"You sure you wanna be working with the Dregs?" Kaz asked.
"Yes."
"Welcome to the crows then, Y/n L/n."

"Than- wait how do you know my name?"
Kaz smirked. "I know everything and everyone."

"A boy with a broken soul
Marching through this world alone
He fights among the cursed six of crows
Where is his heart, he may never know, never know."

Finally, after finishing my song, I looked up and saw my friends.

The Crows.
My friends.
We all shared a smile, and when I got down from the stage, I ran and hugged them all.
My best friends.
The Crows.

Nina Zenik; the Heartrender
Matthias Helvar; the changed Fjerdan
Wylan Van Eck; the rich kid with explosives
Jesper Fahey; the sharpshooter and bi mess
Inej Ghafa; the Wraith and my saviour
Kaz Brekker; the leader of the Crows, Dirtyhands, Bastard of the Barrel.

So don't ever mess with me, because not only will I burn you, the Crows will come after you.

And they all love me, because
Crows don't just remember the people who wronged them. They also remember those who were kind. They tell each other to who to look after and who to watch out for.

No Mourners.
No Funerals.