Chapter 6: Playmates

The following day, Charlotte decided to visit the Imperial library right after her daily examination. She browsed the books and picked one that caught her eye.

This book really stood out to her. It's cover was bright red and gold. On the cover was the symbol of the empire.

[ Becoming The Perfect Emperor ]

The title made Charlotte smile ear to ear.

*************

"Lottie, are you sure you're not lonely? You don't have any friends." Lucas asked the little princess, who was sitting on his lap.

"Yes dad. It's enough for me to have mom and dad by my side!" Charlotte laughed in a cute manner.

"...." Staring at her daughter, Sasha didn't know what to think. Her daughter seemed so kind to her today. Did what happened last night even happen? Did she imagine it all up?

"Mom? What's wrong?" Charlotte gently held Sasha's hand.

"Um! Nothing sweetheart! Mom's just a little dazed." Sasha nervously laughed.

"Are you really alright Sasha?" Lucas reached out his hand and placed it on Sasha's other hand.

"Yes yes! Don't worry about me!" Sasha giggled sweetly. Lucas smiled back, lovingly.

"...." Seeing their show of love, Charlotte didn't know what to feel.

"Lottie, how about I have a few kids that are around the same age as you and have them as your playmates? I think it's about time you make some friends." Lucas patted Charlotte's head with care.

"Okay dad." Though she was reluctant, Charlotte nodded and agreed. She was hesitant since she knew they would definitely be the children of Lucas and Sasha's friends, who she never got along with.

************

It was noon when her new playmates arrived. Charlotte was escorted to where they were gathered by the head maid.

"We have arrived, your highness." The head bowed respectfully and opened the door for Charlotte. Charlotte entered and the head maid quietly closed the door.

Inside, Charlotte saw 3 little boys sitting quietly by themselves. The 3 boys, seeing that Charlotte had arrived, stood up in a line and began introducing themselves.

"Felix Ambarly Quinton, son of duke Quinton, greets your highness, the 1st princess of the empire." The boy possessing blonde hair and blue eyes bowed before Charlotte and politely introduced himself. Judging by how he introduced himself with such grace, Charlotte already guessed he was a smart and mature child.

Charlotte nodded then turned to the boy beside Felix.

"I... Good afternoon, your highness... This one is the 2nd son of the count Lienna, Dylan Francis Lienna." Dylan looked much smaller and weaker than the other two boys. He seemed like a gentle beauty. He has brown hair and dark red eyes

Charlotte turned to the last boy and had already determined his identity in her mind.

"You're meeting the first prince of the Tula empire, Zenneth Carden De Tula! Yes, I know. It's such an honor to meet me." The boy with silver hair and purple eyes smiled pridefully.

' He dared to raise his head in front of me when he's the prince who's been thrown out of his own empire. ' Charlotte sneered.

Prince Zenneth. He was the eldest prince, but he's not the crown prince. It was all because his father didn't favor him or his mother. After the first Empress died, the Emperor of the Tula Empire remarried and had two sons with the second empress.