Chapter 17: Tea And Flowers

"This is brand new. I purchased it from a famous craftsman. Your highness should be thankful, this didn't come for a cheap price. I just thought your highness would be in need of this someday. You never know what's going to happen, trust me, these things come in quite handy..." Medea winked with a mischievous smirk stuck on her face. 

Charlotte accepted willingly and decided to graciously return a smile to Medea, which seems to have pleased her. "Thank you, Medea." She thanked. 

"Your welcome, princess." Medea laughed, "Perhaps next time I'll teach you how to properly slit someone!"

************

Just as always, after dealing with many troubling matters, Lucas spared some time from his busy schedule to spend time with his beloved wife and daughter. Among the scenery of fresh blooming flowers, a charming family of three gathered in the garden to leisurely enjoy tea. Their laughs sounded throughout the garden as they joked. Shame that a wonderfully peaceful time like now has been interrupted by official matters. A fellow subordinate called for Lucas's attention and informed him of the new issue. 

"What happened father?" Charlotte asked.

Lucas rubbed his forehead and said, "Nothing for you to worry about, Lottie. Merely a trivial matter that could be dealt with time. But it is indeed bothersome... Viscountess Aphelion had decided to file a divorce against her husband, Viscount Aphelion."

"Oh no, really?" Sasha's face sank as she processed the news.

Charlotte remembered the name and frowned. Viscountess Aphelion should be lady Vanessa, eldest daughter of house Lambert. Lady Vanessa Lambert. That's certainly someone she hasn't heard from in a long time... She's getting a divorce? Why? She was a good companion of Eleonora in the past thus Charlotte couldn't help but wonder.

"Father, why is Viscountess Aphelion getting a divorce?" Charlotte asked curiously. 

"Well she claims that Viscount Aphelion had secretly kept a mistress." Lucas answered after a long sigh.

"No wonder she is upset! She and I have never gotten well in the past but, as a married woman myself, I can understand how devastated she must've felt! Poor lady Vanessa, how about I invite to the event I'll be hosting in a few days to cheer her up? I can lift up her spirit and maybe even become friends!" Sasha stated.

"Sasha, your too considerate..." Lucas, moved, chuckled.

'How considerate and audacious of you...' Charlotte secretly rolled her eyes.

Sasha suddenly gasped in panic as if she remembered something. She stood up and said, "The event! I'm not done preparing everything! Oh no! It's tomorrow and I barely have anything done!"

"It's alright, Sasha. I'll have one of my subordinates and one of your ladies in waiting to help you prepare and manage it all, don't worry too much." Lucas hurriedly calmed her down. 

"Thank you, dear... I don't know what I would do without you..." Sasha composed herself and sat back down. 

**************

The event came around swiftly and fortunately for Sasha, with theassistance provided by certain others, the event was ready in time. Many noble women came at the request of the Empress consort. Sasha's gathering was a flower viewing. With spring approaching, the gardens full of flowers were an enchanting sight. Most of the noble women didn't bother to bring their children but some were actually requested by Sasha and Lucas. These 'some' were Felix and Dylan's mothers. Aside from Zenneth who was requested by Lucas himself to accompany Charlotte, the other playmates came with their mother.