introduction.

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Born in the Factory Station on the Ark, Rhea, and her father Atlas, were left fending for themselves when Rhea's mother, Jane, died of natural causes when the young girl was only the ripe age of three. It had been only her and her father for as long as she could remember, and so, when the only remaining family member she had left was floated for stealing food to keep himself and his daughter alive and healthy, Rhea was devastated and sent down a path of self-inflicted destruction.

Atlas was one of the Ark's best computer engineers, and he taught his daughter everything she knew about computers and the various technology the Ark held. Computers were all Rhea had ever known, she lived and breathed for the thrill she got when hacking or creating a system of her own. Since they were in space, there wasn't much else for the eager young girl to do but learn everything she could from her father about computer systems and how they worked.

When Rhea was sixteen, her family's living conditions were at their worst. Atlas hadn't eaten a proper meal in weeks as he couldn't afford to feed the both of them, and so, his rations became Rhea's, but that factor was unknown to her as her father simply said he had eaten earlier in the day. He had become so desperate for food that he would beg anyone he could find to spare him some of the rations, but the Ark was strict, and most of the residents were far too selfish to even spare him a slice of bread.

His hunger became too much to handle one day, and Atlas soon found himself in food storage, munching on some of the rations for Mecha Station. He was so engrossed in the food travelling into his stomach, filling the quench and hunger he'd been suffering for many days, that he failed to keep an eye on those coming in, and was caught by one of the guards doing the night sweep.

When her father wasn't anywhere to be found in their room when she awoke the next day, Rhea quickly became worried, knowing that he would never leave so soon in the morning without leaving a note or telling her the night before. She frantically searched Factory Station in the hopes of finding her father, but her search came short when she was stopped by a guard in the halls and dragged to lockup, only to see her father in handcuffs, his face reading nothing but sorrow and regret.

Rhea's cries felt like a never-ending river of salty tears as she watched her only remaining family member get sucked into the darkness of the universe, and the image of him mouthing 'I love you' would be permanently etched into her memories for as long as she would live. She swore to herself that she would make her father proud, that she would become the woman he wanted her to become. And she swore to wreak havoc on the person who floated her father, no matter what the consequences might be for her.

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

author's note:

eek, i've been wanting to do a 100 fic for a while and was so happy when i finally came up with this plot. i'm ngl, a lot more thought has went into this than Untrustworthy, but i will still be updating both books equally as much.

anyways, i can't wait to see where this book goes and i hope you all enjoy :)

- c