eight. [mecha angel]

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Clarke, Finn and Bellamy, along with the others - minus Charlotte and Murphy - came back after a few hours that night. They explained what had happened at the cliff edge with Charlotte, and why they banished Murphy, explaining that it would be the punishment from now on if anyone else stepped out of line. Rhea thought it was a good idea, well, it was definitely better than hanging someone, that's for sure. Survival would be hard alone, but at least it gave Murphy that chance to live, he may not be allowed back in camp, but he had his life.

They now all stood around Monty's work station while he made the finalising touch to his communication system that he had made using Clarke's wristband. Rhea's left eye was still slightly swollen from when she was hit earlier, and bruises had begun to appeared, leaving her with a particularly nasty black eye.

"Will we be able to talk to them?" Clarke asked, and Rhea could practically feel the hope radiating from Jaxson as he bounced nervously beside her, clearly missing his parents. And it crushed her when that hope was dimmed by Monty's next words.

"No. More like morse code." Rhea turned around to face the tall raven-haired boy with a sad smile as she wrapped an arm around his bicep comfortingly, resting her head on his shoulder, the latter placing his own head on top of hers. "You want to do the honours?" Monty asked his best friend, all of them turning to look at Jasper who had been through the most since their arrival on Earth by a long shot.

Jasper took a step closer to the table, taking the small cable from Monty's hand as he let out a shaky breath. "That port right there" Monty pointed out. Everyone in the room held their breaths as they watched Jasper inch closer to the port until he finally clicked it in. Sparks flew from the contraption as Rhea let out a small yelp from the sudden sparks, burying herself deeper into Jaxson's side. She soon let out another yelp when she felt a small shock on her wrist, her hand slipping out from around Jaxson's arm to grip it as she winced in pain.

"What the fuck happened?" the blonde asked.

"It didn't work" Monty replied sadly, "I think we fried all the wristbands." Finn let out a rather large sigh before he stormed out of the dropship, Clarke soon following, leaving the others there to wallow in misery. Jasper slowly sunk to the floor against one of the walls and Rhea watched as Octavia crouched down in front of him, trying to reassure the boy that he was not to blame here.

Rhea turned to look up at Jaxson who was clearly devastated at not being able to contact his family again. "Hey, Jax... are you okay?" she asked softly, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. Jaxson sniffled back his few tears before he turned to the blonde with a sad look on his face.

"I have you, so I will be" he replied, the blonde quick in pulling him into a long hug. "Oh hey, I got something for you" the brunette spoke up, breaking their embrace as he fished around in his jacket pocket, the blonde looking at him in confusion. Jaxson's face brightened when he found what he was looking for as he pulled not one, but three pens from his pocket and holding them up in front of the girl's face.