twelve. [resuscitation]

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Rhea watched from afar as Finn continued seizing on the table, Clarke's arms forcing his body down as she tried to keep him still. Finn's body slowly stopped jerking as white foam appeared from his mouth. "Rhea, get over here!" Clarke yelled, Rhea obeying immediately as she stood on the left of Raven. "Okay, it stopped. Quick, help me get him on his side."

Rhea told hold of Finn's legs but stopped when she didn't feel any movement from Raven beside her. Clarke noticed this too, leaning over the table to grab Raven's attention. "Raven, there is fluid in his lungs! He could choke. Quick," Clarke yelled, Raven seemingly snapping out of her daze as she helped Clarke and Rhea flip Finn over to prevent him from choking on the white substance. "God, he's burning up," Clarke said as she placed her palm on Finn's face, a layer of sweat coating his skin. 

"Fluid in his lungs. Does that mean the knife hit something?" Raven said with worry as a crackle of thunder from the storm could be hear outside the dropship. 

"No, no. This isn't blood. It's something else. I- I did everything she told me," Clarke breathed.

"Take a breath and think, Clarke" Rhea interjected, "you know what this is, just think."

"Wait... I've seen this before. Shortness of breath. Fever... seizing... it's poison!"

"Clarke, you sterilised everything! I watched you do it," Raven retorted. 

Clarke's eyes gazed over Rhea's shoulder as the blonde turned to see what she was looking at, her eyes landing on the knife that was taken out of Finn's ribs, thick, dried blood coating the dull blade. "Not everything," Rhea said as she turned to face the other girls, Clarke already moving to get the knife from the makeshift table. 

"Stay here," she said, grabbing the knife and heading up the ladder to the top floor of the dropship. 

As she left, Raven's sorrow eyes moved to where Finn lay lifeless on the table, the white foam solidifying at his mouth. Seeing this, Rhea moved round to the other side of the table and grabbed a wet cloth, grimacing as she began wiping the foam from his mouth. Raven's eyes moved up from where she was watching Finn, seeing Rhea's face etched with concentration, her tongue sticking out slightly as she focused on getting the foam away. 

"Thank you."

Rhea's eyes flickered up to see Raven already looking at her, the blonde only sparing her a glance before looking back down at Finn, ignoring the butterflies in her stomach from the way Raven looked at her. "For what?" she replied. 

"For helping. I don't see any others down here doing what you're doing," Raven shrugged, trying to meet the brunette's eyes as the latter avoided hers. 

"Just helping Clarke," Rhea replied, her voice devoid of any real concern. "Plus, I, uh, don't really want to have to bury any more bodies down here. Gets depressing after the first few."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Rhea's gaze flickered uneasily as Raven's question hung in the air. She shifted in her seat, suddenly feeling the weight of the conversation bearing down on her. Meeting Raven's eyes, confusion etched across her face, she hesitated before responding, "Tell you what?"

Raven's words pierced the air, each syllable carrying the sting of betrayal. "About Finn... and Clarke."

Rhea swallowed hard, emotions surging within her as she grappled with the truth she had concealed. Her eyes darted away momentarily, unable to bear the intensity of Raven's gaze. "I... I didn't know how to say it" she finally admitted, her voice barely above a whisper, the weight of her silence heavy upon her conscience. "It's not exactly the type of conversation you want to have with someone you've known for less than a few days."