two.

B A B Y | 4️⃣

"Ced run it back." I put my fingers in a circular motion and Ced did so and replayed the music. I nodded my head to the beat. "This some straight heat." Savage nodded. I cut my orange into a few slices and took a bite out of one.

"Dominique!" Jayda yelled. Savage rolled his eyes. "What?" "Tell them stop playing that loud ass music." She pointed to Ced. "Jayda I told you we workin." I sighed, scratching my forehead.

"I don't care! You work too much in fact." Jayda yelled. Ced looked at me and I shrugged. "You can go home if uon like it." Savage mumbled. "What you said to me?" She walked up to him. I signaled him to not say anything and I backed Jayda up slowly. "You better tell your homeboys to chill." She huffed and slightly pushed me, walking back into the room.

"Damn shawty annoying." Ced mumbled. I didn't want to laugh and I grabbed another slice. "You ain't find nomo shawties applying?" I asked. Savage shook his head. "That girl was the last one Pee had for you."

I sucked my teeth. "I definitely ain't want her. A waste of my time. Shawty thought she was something."

"She fine as fuck tho." Ced licked his lips. "You better chill man. That's Pee nem niece."

"So? An' shawty dress good too. She look professional." Ced went on. "Well I ain't like her."

"I ain't gone lie, Baby. You did her wrong a little." Savage told me and I looked in his direction. "How? She wanted to have an attitude so I did the same."

All of a sudden the hotel door busted open and it went silent. It was Pee. "I'm back." He huffed, closing the door. I looked at Ced and started laughing. "What?"

"Nothing, nun." Savage insisted. "Say, Pee. Your niece got a man?" Ced asked. Pee gave Ced a look. "No. And she not looking for one." Savage and I busted out laughing. "Baby, I need to talk to you in private." He insisted.

I nodded and we walked to the balcony. "The view nice." I insisted all while chewing on an orange slice. "Yeah." Pee nodded, his hands in his pockets. "What you had to tell me?"

"My niece, Tyra man. I ain't appreciate how you was talking to her." He started off. "I apologize." "Good. You missing out man. She's really smart, just graduated college. She'll be perfect for the job. She don't take no criticism tho, I know that." He joked at the end.

I didn't reply. "You don't got anybody else?" I asked. "Nah. She was the last one."

"Damn."

"Im not letting go of her yet. I know you'll like her once she gets the job and you won't regret a thing. Trust me when I say Tyra is gonna be best of use." He insisted. I nodded.

T Y R A | ☁️

"How did it go?" Tamia asked just as I walked through the door. "Please don't remind me." I chuckled. It was 8 in the afternoon. After my terrible day, I went to get some food and I also went shopping. Retail therapy thingz.

"Okay..." Tamia looked around.

I lived with my mother and sister. Although I was 23, I didn't see the need to be in a rush to move out anyways. It was fine because my mom didn't have a boyfriend; I never heard from my father. Tamia, my sister was 16. She was a little grown though. The girl already had a belly button piercing, which was funny because I had to get mines at 18.

My mother was rarely home sometimes due to work, but when she was—it was all vibes. We barely argued and it was never an issue for us.

Blue jumped from the back of the couch and ran right to me as I closed the door. "Hey Blueeee." I cooed and scratched the back of her ear. She laid on her back and put her paws up. I giggled and rubbed her belly. "Spoiled self. Where's Momma?" I looked around not seeing anybody in the kitchen or by the dining room.

"She went to Publix about an hour ago. There's pasta and shrimp on the stove if you want any." Tamia responded. I nodded and dumped my purse on the living room. "So...you didn't see Jayda?"

I looked back. "No, surprisingly. It was just a whole bunch of guys."

Tamia was OBSESSED with Jayda. Literally. She owned a Jayda Cheaves fan page that had over 20,000 followers. When I told her that Pee asked me for the job, she literally screamed. She loved Lil Baby as well. It was the complete opposite for me—especially since now that I saw the way he acted.

"So how was it? Just tell me a little." She pleaded while playing with Blue. "Girl it was terrible. Baby is so damn rude and I definitely don't want to take the job." I admitted while taking a bite out of a jumbo shrimp. Tamia's jaw dropped. Well, not definitely didn't. Pee told me to think about it

"Oh, word? We finna jump him then." She exclaimed and I busted out laughing. "Deadass. Uncle Pee insisted I take it because he would pay me more, but we already get enough money from him anyways." I joked.

"Forreal. But damn I thought he would've been nice or sum."

I nodded in agreement. "I told him I'll think about it. Cause I was literally the last person he could think of." Just as I finished my sentence, the door unlocked and Tatyana walked in.  Tatyana was my mother. Blue ran up to her and started barking all while jumping on her feet.

"Girl chill. I just left an hour ago." She mugged and walked into the living room with a few brown bags from Publix. "Oh! Tyra you're here. How was your interview?" Momma placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Terrible." Tamia and I said in unison. I felt like I was a radio repeating the same thing over and over again. "Wow. That rapper is something else."

"Mom, you don't gotta say rapper you could say Lil Baby." Tamia laughed. "Lil Baby? What a weird name." We helped her place the groceries in their sections.

"I forgot his real name, it starts with a D I think." I placed the seasonings in the pantry. "It's Dominique. Dominique Jones." Tamia read from her phone. I rolled my eyes.

"Well," Momma turned on the sink. "Well think about it. You know how people can be, maybe he'll change."

I glared at her for a second. "Taty please." I said and Tamia busted out laughing. I never called my mom by my real name unless I was serious. AND—she had me fucked up. Girl this wasn't no break up.

My mom was a noble woman and also a woman of faith. She believed in giving people second chances, and also believed that people could change if they were around the right environment. BUT Lil Baby? I didn't know.

"Tyra don't do that." Her voice got serious. "Mom, I'm not going to beg at his feet. The fuck do I look like?" I asked then quickly covered my mouth when I realized what I said.

"Language. And it's not begging. Maybe that wasn't the real him. I mean a lot of people enjoy his music right? Okay, so maybe he's a lot different than you think." Momma went on.

Tamia nodded while biting into a sandwich. "She's right. You better bring that bag home. Purrr."

"Girl." I shook my head. "Do you have any other options available?" Mom asked and I shook my head no again. "Think about it baby." She planted a kiss on my forehead and went in her room.

That night, I watched a couple of interviews of Baby before making my final decision.

to be continued ..