eleven

T Y R A | ☁️

Friday

"I don't know what I should wear bro!" Tamia was rummaging through her closet trying to find an outfit. Today was Jason's birthday party. The party was going to be located in Forest Park—a good 15 minute drive from Atlanta. "Mom gone be there?" I asked. She's basically family so why not? "No, she's at work. She was gonna try to come around 7 though."

"The party gone almost be over by then," I chuckled. Jason's party started at 4PM, it was 3:20 right now. Tamia and I were getting ready. Cece was coming but she was going to be arriving on her own. I was in the mirror straightening my hair. "I'm saying like at this point just stay home."

"Dominique texted you today?" I shook my head. "Nope. Only from last night when he sent the address." I spritzed the last of my hair spray. The olive scent filled the room. "I can't believe I'm gonna be in the same room as Lil Baby. AND Jayda! Ou, I can't wait to meet Jayda."

"Don't act like a fangirl," I turned to her before putting on my jeans. I grabbed the bottom of my shirt and tied it in the back. I loved cropped shirts, just for the aesthetic. Earlier today, Tamia and I stopped at the mall to get Jason a few birthday gifts. She got him a cologne and I got him a set from Ralph Lauren and some sneakers. The boy basically had money, I didn't know what not to buy him. So I did my best. After putting on my Balenciaga Runners, I did a quick makeup look. By the time I was done, it was 4:14.

"Tyra hurry up! How you gone be late to your own boss's son party?" "My bad, I didn't even notice the time." We got ready to leave. I spritzed some Chanel perfume all over my chest, arms, neck, and ankles. Tamia carried the gifts while I carried my purse as we went downstairs into the parking lot.

Forest Park.

"Can you hurry up?" Tamia rushed me as I backed into the parking lot. "Tamia, don't fucking rush me!" I gave her a look before putting the car in park. "Okay I wouldn't have to if we left on time. You know how traffic be, now it's 4:40." "They gone be alright." I shooed her off. From outside, there was a lot of cars in the parking lot. So most people was already here. From the back of the building, I saw a bounce house so I could tell it was gone be lit especially for the kids. "Cece waiting on us too." Tamia went to the back seat to grab Jason's gifts. "Oh shit." I got out the car and made sure I looked good. A few people were outside and security, just to make sure that people who weren't invited didn't enter.

"Where she at?" I looked around. "Hello, we here. Where you at?" Tamia was on the phone. "She by the front." I walked over to the front and greeted security. "On Me" by Lil Baby was playing. "Hey girl!" I gave Cece a side hug, but she didn't hug me back. "What?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Where have you been? I've been standing here for the past 10 minutes." "Exactly! She take her sweet time." Tamia agreed and I rolled my eyes. "Both of y'all annoying, let's go." We walked into the venue. Everything was Jason themed. Watered bottles had his pictures, and even the plates. A picture of him and his father was on the floor. "He's 7? I thought he was older like 9 or 10." Cece scrunched her eyes. "I know right, and he's very mature for his age." I agreed.

We greeted a few people. Tables were reserved for everyone who was invited. I was located at table 3. Tamia and Cece were invited last minute, but I still managed to put their names on the list. Before we sat down, we put Jason's gifts on the gift table. The interior of the venue was blue, and all of Lil Baby's music was playing. "Tyra," Cece recorded us on instagram, and I titled my head to the side before showing the peace sign. "Where Jason?" "I'm not sure, I don't think they arrived yet. Let's go get food." I pointed to the catering section. I didn't see Dominique yet. Maybe they would arrive at 5.