Chapter Three: Drama and Detention

Once Remus, Sirius, James and Sophie had grabbed themselves some sandwiches to have for lunch, they made their way down to the lake. They all set their things down and sat with their backs leaning against two trees. Sophie sat on the edge of the tree with Remus on her left. Next to Remus on the tree to their left sat Sirius then James. Using her backpack as a rest she lent against the tree, Remus copied her action and pulled out his own sandwich. James and Sirius whispered to each other furiously, probably plotting what they were going to do to embarrass the Slytherins. The group of eight Slytherins sat about 30 meters away in a circle. The two girls both lying on their boyfriends and the rest of the boys either wrestling or watching.  Many other groups of students loitered around the large grassy field, including Peter, Storm, Stella, and Lily, who had managed to grab a bench. Lily was reading, occasionally glancing up towards them, clearly aware they were there, while Storm and Peter talked, both of them noticeably red even from where she was sitting. Stella was a little way away from them standing talking to some boy Sophie didn't recognize. The boy was visibly nervous about talking to her but he seemed at ease, giggling and giving him a playful push on the shoulder. Beside her James and Sirius got up. 

"What do you think they're going to get up to this time?", Remus asks Sophie, in between bites of his sandwich, gesturing with his head towards James and Sirius. 

"Probably something that will get them into a lot of trouble", Sophie replied.

"Do you think Peter and Storm are going to get together?", Remus asked Sophie.

"I hope so", Sophie replied, "I don't think I can even remember a time when Storm didn't like Peter."

"He's been asking me for advice about it", Remus laughs.

"Really", Sophie asked, laughing as well, "what did you tell him?"

"I told him that everyone knows she likes him and all he's got to do is ask her to be his girlfriend", Remus explains to her.

"Storm would definitely say yes if he did ask her", Sophie agreed, nodding her head. She took another bite of her sandwich, causing a large amount of mayonnaise to fall out the end of it and land on her robes.

"Damn", she said, attempting to wipe it away with her fingers.

"Let me help", Remus said quickly, pulling out his wand. He waved it over her without uttering a word and the stain vanished.

"Wow, that was pretty impressive", Sophie told him, "you've been practicing non-verbal magic?"

"Professor Henrys said we were going to be working on it later in the year", Remus explained, "if I'm ever going to beat you for first in the year I need a serious head start."

Sophie laughed at this remark. She knew she'd have to work harder than ever this year in order to keep her record. Remus had always been jealous of the record Sophie held and he'd been coming in second consistently every year.

"It's a really nice day today", Remus commented. Sophie looked up and agreed with the boy, the sky was a blinding light blue with barely a cloud in sight.

"Yeah", Sophie agreed. She closed her eyes and tilted her head upwards and felt the warm rays of sun on her face.

"We've got Potions after lunch right?", Remus asked Sophie.

"Yeah, we do", Sophie replied.

She was relieved that she didn't have another class with Lily today.

"Hey, what's going on over there?", Remus asks standing up. A large crowd of people were surrounding James and Sirius. Snape was standing facing the crowd. His wand was raised but he was shaking. Sophie stood up as well. The crowd was about 30 meters away cornering Snape.