Chapter One: Ageing Spells

Sophie Carson sat up yawning in her Gryffindor sixth year girls dormitory. The air around her was cold and made her long for her warm red bedspread which was still projecting heat. She glanced around the room at the three other beds in the dormitory. The first bed to her right was that of her best friend Stella Bell. Stella and Sophie had been best friends since first year when they'd met on the Hogwarts express. Past the door was another one of Sophie's good friends, Storm Wright. Storm was the shyest of all the sixth year girls but exceedingly friendly and loyal. On Sophie's left slept Lily Evans a very smart muggle born girl with bright red hair. Sophie liked Lily but Lily was friends with a sixth year Slytherin named Severus Snape and Snape wasn't particularly popular with the other sixth years. 

Sophie swung her legs over the bed and ran over to her trunk full of school things. The cold wooden floor almost burned her feet as she walked. hopping on alternating feet, so as not to let her feet get to cold, she collected her things from the trunk and ran off towards the bathroom. 

By the time she was finished showering the room had become completely full of hot steam and the mirror had been completely fogged up. She dried herself off and pulled on her new robes, before grabbing her things and heading out towards the dormitory. The temperature difference between the bathroom and the girls dormitory was dramatic. The floor still burned Sophie's feet with cold as she ran over to her trunk.

None of her friends were awake yet, as Sophie always woke up far before she needed to. Sophie's family was directly descended from Rowena Ravenclaw herself and so Sophie had come from a long line of Ravenclaws. Her older brother Jock was also in the "wrong" house as he'd been placed in Slytherin. However, Sophie's younger sister Gemma was the smartest person Sophie had ever met and was almost guaranteed a spot in Ravenclaw, she was going to start school next year. Sophie's parents were the nicest people she'd ever met however, they'd never showed any disappointment in their children being in different houses and they'd always supported them emotionally and academically as much as they could. Despite the fact that neither of them were in Ravenclaw academics mattered just as much, Sophie coming first in her year for 5 years in a row and Jock one year away from being the first Slytherin in history to get first in year 7 years in a row.

Sophie grabbed her books and quills and went down to the common room to do some studying before classes started. Sophie's record was exceedingly important to her she wanted to make her Ravenclaw parents proud. She sat down at he favorite round table, closest too the warmth of the fire and pulled out History of Magic and she began taking notes on the names of all the goblins who made significant contributions to the creation of the wizarding bank Gringotts.

"Would you mind if I sat here?" came a voice. Sophie glanced up and saw it was none other than Remus Lupin.

"Remus, of course", Sophie replied gesturing to the empty seat beside her.

"Nice hair", Remus told her, sitting down in the empty seat and placing his own pile of books beside Sophie's.

"What do you mean?" Sophie asked him touching her wet hair self consciously. She pulled the ends of it into her eyesight and saw that her usually dirty blond hair was now a bright shade of blue. Sophie groaned and began to rub at the newly coloured hair. She obviously knew who the culprits of the simple minded prank were.

"Those two idiots", she laughed. Herself and Stella had been in a prank war with two other boys from there year longer than she could remember. James and Sirius, they were also Gryffindor 6th years and they were also devious and destructive.

"Tell your two best friends that they are going to get some serious payback", Sophie laughed. Remus laughed too.

"You know", he told her, "you and Stella are the only people I've ever seen who've successfully managed to prank them back. You could probably make a business of it, getting revenge for Sirius and James's other victims."