Chapter Nineteen: The Tower of London

It was hard to breath in the black smoke as they travelled. They travelled over the muggle citys, the night lights illuminating the tall buildings. She could feel the lack of oxegyn making her dizzy and sleepy as they continued to travel. It must have been hours that they were freezing up in the air for. She wasn't even resting on anything, simply suspended in the air. The Death Eater in front of her was leading the way for the others, each of which was carrying one of her friends.

Where exactly where they going? Would they take Sophie with them to rob her vault and get the eye of merlin? Why exactly did they need all of Sophies friends to make her willing to cooperate if they were simply going to kill her? Questions swirled through her head as she travelled. Eventually they slowed and began descending slowly downwards. She realized they were in London, directly in front of the tower of London itself.

When they reached the ground the cloud of Black smoke disappeared and she collapsed onto the ground, her feet aching with ground shock. Her friends were also dropped onto the ground around her. Lily and Remus were still unconscious, and landed, both in very painful angles. While Sirius and James, who were both tied up, had been flung onto the floor unceremoniously.

She tried to scramble on the floor over to Sirius but the Death Eater holding her stepped on her back winding her and causing her to gasp in pain.

"Sophie!", Sirius struggled against his captor who was once again holding him.

"We're to keep the prisoners in here while we await further instructions", the Death Eater got off her back and pulled her too her feet by her forearm. Sophie wriggled in his grip which caused him to pull tighter. Angrily he ripped off his mask and grabbed her by the chin, pulling her face so that it was only inches away from his. She recognized his face, but she couldn't place where she'd seen him before.

"You'd do well to remember who's in charge here, sweet heart", he said, spit flicking out of his mouth, "one word from me and everyone you love is dead, understand."

She didn't say anything, but she didn't need too. She looked around at her friends, bound, beaten and helpless to the death eaters and knew she didn't have a choice.

They dragged them down into the tower and down towards the dungeons.

"In here."

He threw Sophie in first followed by the others. It was one of those old fashioned cells with nothing but a stone toilet in one corner and shackles hanging from the walls. In the top corner were bars that allowed in a tiny bit of sunlight from outside.

"Get comfy", he sneered. He pulled the heavy metal door closed and locked it with a huge padlock, Sophie was sure they'd never be able to break. As soon as the Death Eaters left she got to work untying James who was closest to her. She started by removing his gag. He gasped for air and quickly helped Sophie to untie the rest of himself. Then she moved on to Sirius.

They embraced desperately, tears slipping out of Sophies eyes.

"I'm so sorry I left", she told him, "I never should've left, it didn't matter anyway, I could've avoided you so much pain."

"Don't be sorry", Sirius said, "I'm just relieved they didn't hurt you. What happened?"

She told him everything that had happened when she'd left. How she'd spoken to Peter and Storm and told them to stay and protect the house. How she'd fought will Stella and how she'd used the Crutiatus curse on her. Sirius tensed and grabbed her hand tightly. Finally how she'd been captured and brought back. Once she was finished she turned to James.

"What happened to you?", She asked him.

"Once we got split up in the forest", James began, he was idly playing with his bad arm, probably testing how extensive the injurys were, "I managed to escape from the one that tried to chase me, but obviously my wand arm was injured and I couldn't defend myself. So I did what anyone naturally does and I went to find some Centaurs to help. I've met one before... Maybe third or fourth year... Anyway... I found one and I told him what had happened. Stubborn creatures Centaurs are, at first he refused to help me, saying it was mans buissness and Centaurs had no place there. But then I pointed out to him that as soon as the Death Eaters had taken over the castle what was to stop them from going after the forbidden forest next."