Chapter Fifteen: What lies within the vault

As February faded into march the weather began to improve significantly meaning Sophie and her friends began to spend a lot more time outside. However, as their match against Slytherin loomed closer James had doubled their practices, giving Sophie almost no free time. Rumors that Sophie Carson was dating Sirius Black had spread around the school like wildfire and before she knew it the entire school was well aware of her new relationship.

On the day of their match against Slytherin she James, Sirius and Remus were all sitting at the black lake. Remus was reading a book leaning against a tree trunk while James was playing with a golden snitch he'd stolen from the quidditch supplies. He would let the snitch hover around them and he would grab it before it had a chance to get to far away. Sirius sat beside her rubbing his arm on her back and staring out towards the lake. Over in the distance she could see Storm and Peter across the lake on a walk and Stella could be seen just on the edge, sitting in Alexander Grays lap kissing him, the other Slytherins around them.

Sophie sighed and leant her head on Sirius's shoulder, intwining her fingers with his. He gave her a quick smile and a kiss on the forehead which still made her feel light headed.

"Do you mind?", James asked, "I've told you before no coupley stuff while we're here."

"Don't be jealous James", Sirius laughed, "why don't you just go kiss and make up with Lily?"

"Lily?", James scoffed, "please, as if I'd be interested in her anymore."

"Well in that case", Sirius said, adjusting himself so that Sophie was now leaning on his chest, "maybe you should stop staring at her in class?"

Sophie and Remus laughed while James turned red and glared at Sirius. James continued discussing the game with the others while Sophie watched Storm and Peter walking down by the lake. The two often left the group and went of on their own leaving and returning un announced. Her attention turned to Stella and Alexander Gray, sitting under a willow tree talking and rubbing their arms on one another. She looked towards Bellatrix Black and her sister, who were sitting a little bit away from the others in their group. Bellatrix was glaring at Lestrange, and clearly the two had not made up since their little spat a month ago in the great hall. Bellatrix was the eldest of the sisters then Narcissa who was only a few months younger, and would do anything to please Bellatrix.

All of a sudden her head began to throb as if her blood has started racing in her head faster than it should. She groaned in pain and held her head in her hands, willing the pain to disappear.

"Are you alright?", Sirius asked, looking at her.

She didn't respond having the almost immediate sensation that she was going to be sick. She stood up and stumbled, the whole lake spinning in front of her. Sirius jumped up and caught her before she fell over again. Her whole body was aching her head was throbbing and the world continued to spin even after her eyes had closed. What was going on?

"Sophie, what's going on?", James asked, ignoring the snitch that was repeatedly bumping into the side of his head.

"I...", She was to dizzy to think anymore she needed to pain to disappear. The onset pain was all to random and sudden, something had happened. She felt her knees go weak and Sirius taking the full weight of her body in his arms. Their voices started to go fuzzy in her mind as they tried to talk to her. She could barely keep her eyes open and even when they were the three boys were just blurry lumps. She couldn't stay awake any longer and she felt herself completely pass out.

When she awoke she was no longer on the grassy slopes infront of the black lake. Now she was in a forest of trees and she could hear the feintest sound of voices. Off in the distance she could see two people, a boy and a girl, standing infront of the fence that boarded off the shrieking shack from Hogsmeade. As she got closer to the figures she could see that it was herself and Sirius.