Chapter Two: The split

It was now the next morning and because the six of them had missed class they all had detention with Professor Slughorn that night.

"You really didn't hear the bell?" Lily asked them as they walked into the great hall for breakfast.

"No we didn't hear anything", Stella tells her, "and no one checked their watches either as we were a little busy."

"It's your own fault", Storm told them, "you shouldn't have been messing around by the lake anyway."

"We were having fun Storm", Stella replies, sending an irritated look towards Storm.

The four girls sit down at their usual seats around the table. Their four male friends are already halfway through breakfast.

"Morning ladies", says Sirius, "sleep well?"

"Fine thanks" Sophie replied sitting down beside him, "you?"

"Not half bad", he replies.

Sophie begins to pile scrambled eggs onto her plate.

"What have we got first?", Peter asks.

"We've got defence against the dark arts", James tells him, signalling to himself, Sirius, Remus, Sophie, Lily, and Stella, "which means you two have got care of magical creatures."

"I love care of magical creatures!", Storm tells the group happily.

"Here's a question for the group", said Remus, he clearly hadn't been paying attention to the groups conversation, "what's everyone's patronus?"

"Mines a Stag", James said.

"Mines a dog", Sirius answered.

"Mines a rat", Peter told Remus.

"Mines a doe", Said Lily blushing furiously. Her patronus being the female version of James's made her quite obviously upset.

"Mines a rabbit," Storm said.

Everyone looked towards Stella and Sophie who hadn't replied.

"I've never managed to cast one", Sophie tells the group honestly. She was embarrassed of this fact and she'd always hated that the patronus was one spell she couldn't master.

"Me neither", Stella told them.

"We'll teach you", James said at once, "Sirius and I are really good at Patronuses. During defence against the dark arts we'll teach you."

"Can you really?", Stella asked looking at Sirius, "I've always wanted to know what mine is."

"Me too", Sophie told them, "I've always wanted to figure out how to do it."

"Hey wait", Lily said looking at Remus, "what's yours?"

"Mines a wolf", Remus tells her.

"Nice", Lily replies.

Once they had all finished eating the group of them made their way out of the great hall.They walked up the moving staircases and stood outside the defence against the dark arts classroom.

"Is casting a patronus hard?", Sophie asks, turning to James.

"It is at first", he replies honestly, "but once you get the hang of it you can do it easily."

"Well that's good", Stella says.

"You'll get it", Sirius assures her.

"Oi Bell" comes from the loud cackling voice of Bellatrix black. Stella rounds a disgusted look on her face.

"What do you want black?" She spits.

"Nice hair", Black teases Stella. Stella turns red.

"How's working for the dark lord going?", Stella retorts, "I've heard he's been attacking children for fun."