Chapter Six: The Christmas Party

Once again when Sophie woke up none of her fellow 6th-year females was awake. She climbed out of bed onto the cold floor and had a shower before heading downstairs. She packed all of her books and things she would need for her final day of classes. Today she had Herbology first, Transfiguration second, then double History of magic.

Once downstairs she saw her usual study buddie Remus sitting at their favourite spot by the fire.

"Hey", she said, announcing her presence to him.

"Hey you", he replied putting down his quill, "I got you something."

"You didn't have to", Sophie told him, smiling and sitting down next to him.

"I think you'll really like it", he said pulling out a very neatly wrapped present, "happy birthday."

"Thank you Remus", Sophie smiled at him. She took the present from his hands and placed it on the table before carefully unwrapping it. Inside was an assortment of potions ingredients that Sophie knew she needed for her Potions lessons.

"This is perfect", she told him, "thank you so much."

"I knew you were out", Remus told her, "so I figured I'd get you a present that you actually needed."

"Your so sweet", Sophie said, she turned on her seat and gave Remus a hug which he returned. They embraced for a couple of seconds, Sophie had her arms wrapped around his neck, while Remus had rested around her torso resting on her back.

"By the way", Remus started, pulling away from the hug, "I found out something really interesting about the Goblin wars."

He pulled his book forward and began to show Sophie. She loved how she could be herself with Remus. The two of them were both nerdy and they loved it. The two of them sat together talking about their History of magic class. They were the only two who took that subject out of their group. In their sixth year of school, they all took five subjects. Sophie took: History of magic, Transfiguration, Defence against the dark arts, Potions, and Herbology. Remus took almost identical subjects to Sophie, the only difference being that he took Ancient Ruins instead of Herbology.

As they were talking Peter, James, and Sirus made their way down the stairs and over to Remus and Sophie. Sophie could see that James was hiding a very large badly wrapped present behind his back, Peter made no effort to hide his much smaller badly wrapped gift.

"Happy birthday Soph", Sirius said, taking a seat on the couch next to Sophie. The other two boys sat down on the couch as well. Peter sat on the other side of Remus and James sat on the other side of Sirius. 

"Thanks, guys", Sophie replied, smiling at them as they sat down.

"We brought presents", James said.

"Really?", Sophie laughed, "I couldn't tell."

Peter placed his gift for Sophie on the table along with James who placed his rather large gift on the table. It was long and skinny and stuck out over the edges of the small round table, they were gathered around.

"The gifts kind of go together", Peter explained.

"Alright", Sophie replied. She picked up Peters smaller gift first and pulled the wrapping paper off. Inside she saw brand new Gryffindor quidditch robes.

"Oh my goodness", Sophie exclaimed, "Peter thank you so much, these are amazing."

"I noticed yours were looking a little bit worn", Peter told her.

"Thank you", Sophie told him, she reached over Remus and gave Peter a hug.

"Okay, Okay", Sirius said, "our present now."