Chapter 6

(Y/N) was currently staring at the board in his classroom, that had the words 'Midterm Exams' in large letters. 

"The midterms will begin next week. Just so you know, any scores below thirty will be deemed failing grades, as always. Be sure to revise, and revise well."

"..That time of year has come again, huh?" (Y/N) muttered as he side eyed at Nino, who was currently conversing with one of her friends. "She's not gonna take this serious at all, is she?"

~~~

(Y/N) was currently walking home from school, as he saw a certain mushroom and a girl with star pins in her hair, arguing with each other. From his distance, he couldn't hear anything, so he decided to get closer. 

"That's not good enough!" Fuutarou yelled at her. "If you fail these midterms, it's over! This is my job. Quit fussing and accept it."

"You're the one being fussy." She replied.

"Don't you want better grades? So just shut up and listen to me!"

"Oh my fucking god.." (Y/N) thought.

Fuutarou turned in instant regret.

"N-no, that was.."

Itsuki started to walk up the stairs. "I was starting to respect you a little. It looks like I shouldn't have. So you're doing it for the money."

"It's a fucking job, of course he's doing it for the money. That's literally what a job is for, so what's wrong with that?"

"What's so wrong about that?" He asked as he turned to her. "Who would care for a stubborn brat like you if it wasn't for work?"

"..." (Y/N) stayed silent as he deadpanned.

"You don't need to force yourself to teach me. I don't exist to make money for you."

"Then why did you hire a tutor then..?" 

"Oh, really? Don't blame me if you regret it."

"Sure. Even if it means getting expelled, I'm never having you teach me."

"I'm never teaching you!"

(Y/N)'s eyes widened when he heard Fuutarou's words. "IDIOT!"

Itsuki glanced over at (Y/N), and then left without saying a word.

"(Y/N)? How long have you been there?"

"A while now, but seriously.. why'd you say that?!"

"I don't know, I was just getting angry at how unreasonable she was being, and I couldn't help but say that! I'm regretting it right now!"

"*sigh* There's definitely more that was happening before that, so what happened exactly?"

Fuutarou explained that if the quints were to fail the midterms, he'd lose his job as a tutor.

"....Oh my fuck." (Y/N) blurted out.

~~~

(Y/N) and Fuutarou were at the quints apartment, and the four were playing a game.. while (Y/N) was playing Mario Kart on his switch.

"Uesugi-san!" (Y/N) and Fuutarou glanced at Yotsuba. "I got married! Gift money, please." 

"Oh, right." He handed her money. "Even in a game I'm poor." Fuutarou thought.

"Thank you!"

"I'm up next." Miku went to spin the wheel. 

"We don't have time for this!" Fuutarou yelled getting up.