Chapter 16

"All right. Let's begin our study session."

"Um.. is Takeda-kun joining us?" Ichika questioned.

"Why are you following us?" Fuutarou asked. Takeda had been following (Y/N) and Fuutarou for a while.

"You don't have time to be doing this do you? There's something more important for you to be doing." Takeda asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"To be frank, these girls are holding you back."

"Holding him back?" (Y/N) raised an eyebrow.

"For him to quit tutoring would be in his best interest, above all else. It's your fault. You turned him into a mediocre man. I'd appreciate if you'd free him already."

"So he doesn't do well on the exam once and he's officially mediocre? You're quite stupid for someone who's been ranked second for the past few years." (Y/N) deadpanned.

Takeda ignored (Y/N).

"Well, he's not wrong." Fuutarou said as (Y/N) turns to him confused.

"But until last summer, or rather, if I hadn't taken this job, I would have failed to even be a mediocre man. I'd thought I knew it all-"

I got lazy typing some of this stuff.. Definitely not a good trait to have. BUT OH WELL BASTARD! I DON'T CARE-

"If you don't make it in, say, the top one hundred of the coming national mock exams, I'll have you accept my conditions-"

"Top hundred? Forget about it." Fuutarou interrupted. "Top ten. I'm going to continue tutoring them and make it into the top ten of the national mock exams. And I'm going to prove that they aren't holding me back."

"Uesugi-san!" 

"You're going big. You don't stand a chance. Especially if you're teaching five of them at the same time."

"You probably don't stand a chance either. Haven't you been below Fuutarou in terms of grades except one time?" (Y/N) deadpanned as Takeda glared at him. "Fuutarou's always overworked himself. He'll be fine even if he is teaching five of them at once."

~~~

"Sorry, I'm gonna to go get some fresh air." Fuutarou got up from his chair.

"Alright." (Y/N) replied as Fuutarou left the library, and just a few seconds after, Miku got out of her seat.

"Hey, where are you- ah, whatever.."

And then, Ichika got out of her seat.

"Sorry, I got a call." She said as she walked out.

"Huh??" (Y/N) questioned before looking at her phone on the desk. "Liar.. what the hell is she trying to do? I'll be right back Yotsuba."

"Alright!"

(Y/N) walked out of the library and saw the three conversing. "Yeah, gotta go the other way and zoom." He turned around and started sprinting down the other stairs and went down the entrance.

"Oh, (Y/N). What are you doing here?" Fuutarou questioned, walking down the stairs. "Actually, how'd you get down before me?"

"Ain't it obvious? I used an Ender Pearl."

"I may be sleep deprived, but I'm not an idiot."

"Well how the hell do you think I got here? I zoomed down here."

"Oh." Fuutarou walked past him. "I'll be back at the library soon. I just need some time for myself."

"Gotcha." (Y/N) watched him go down the hallway. Not soon after, he heard someone coming from the stairs. "What are you trying to do?"