Fourteen

"Buzz, what did you get up to yesterday? I tried to call you but it never went through." Toff asked as Dianne arrived at school, toff and Dianne were always the first 2 out of their group to get to school.
"Oh I was with Joe." Dianne told her.
"We're you with him all weekend?" Toff asked, knowing that's she went in friday and that they had gone for a meal on Saturday.
"Pretty much, so I stayed Friday night coz my parents were at the hospital, most of the day Saturday then we went for dinner, then I went home, had dance on Sunday went back to Joes Sunday night and then spent Monday with him." Dianne said, they had decided that they weren't going to tell the group about them being together just yet. They wanted to leave it for a bit so it could a their little secret.
"Oh right, do you wanna do something this week? Or the weekend? Just us?" Toff asked, in the first week or so of Dianne being at the school the two had grown really close and Toff was starting to feel like she was losing her to Joe.
"Yeah, I'm at dance on Sunday but we could do something in the week if you wanted." Dianne suggested.
"Yeah, I'll speak to my mum and see what night you can come round." Toff said, Dianne nodded, the rest of the group then started to walk in, Joe last out of everyone.

"Hiya guys." Joe said as he walked over. "Joes everyone?" He asked, earning a load of 'yeah good' from everyone.
"How was your weekend then? What did the two of you get up to?" Toff asked.
"We just went for a meal on Saturday and then Monday we went for a walk and went to see my grandparents." Joe said.
"You took Di to see Richard and Carole? That's a huge step in your relationship." Caspar laughed.
"She's my friend. And we only went coz we were in Chippenham. Anyways let's go to form." Joe said, as everyone was walking Joe and Dianne walked behind so they could have a mini catch up.
"How are you my wonderful girlfriend?" Joe whispered making Dianne giggle.
"I'm good thank you, my handsome boyfriend!" Dianne laughed. "Actually to be honest, I'm not great but I'll live."
"Why? What's up?" Joe asked, going straight into protective boyfriend mode.
"I just get a bit nervous at school, because of Becca and Kay." Dianne admitted.
"Try not to think about it, you've always got one of us in your lesson so youll be okay. Anything else bothering you? Feeling anxious again?" He asked.
"No I'm good. Thanks Joey." Dianne said and the pair headed into their form room.

It was now lunch and everyone was sat together in the canteen while they waited for Toff and Dianne to come out of maths.
"Dot, come sit." Joe said when they arrived, he tapped the seat next to him for Dianne to sit on.
"Oh dot? He's got a nickname for her. How cute." The boys laughed.
"It's my family name actually. I never get called Dianne, it's always Dot." Dianne told them.
"Oh so we can call you it then aswell?" Josh asked.
"Err, no. No. It's a family thing." Dianne said quietly. "Sorry."
"Don't apologise, it's your nickname, you can control who uses it." Joe said rubbing her thigh under the table so no one else could see.
"So Joe gets to but we don't?" Ambar asked. "Toff I'd take offence to that." She said
"It's up to Dianne, I don't mind." Toff said, Dianne mouthed thanks.
"Anyways, to change the subject, Joe and Dianne, what's going on?" Caspar asked, he didn't believe for a second that they weren't together.
"Nothing." They said at the same time and then burst out laughing.
"You two are annoying." They laughed. It wasn't long before it was time for their last lesson, which today for Dianne was dance and for Joe was media. Dianne walked with Toff and Ambar and Evie.

"Oh look who it is! Miss Buswell, thinking she's better than the rest of us because she can shove her leg behind her head." Becca said as Dianne walked into the gym, before her other friends.
"Becca! Leave Dianne alone!" The teacher said and then turned away to carry on looking at the music.
"Oh look at me, I'm a ballroom dancer, I'm better than you all!" Kay said as she tried to mimic Dianne dancing.
"Actually, she is better than you Kay. She's a professional." Toff said as she walked in.
"TOFF!" Dianne shouted, she still didn't want everyone knowing about her past dance experience.
"Wait she's actually professional?" One of the other girls in the class asked, Toff nodded.
"Sorry Di but if Kay is going to take the mick, show her what she's up against. A professional dancer who's toured the world!" Toff continued.
"TOFF STOP!" Dianne shouted getting all worked up as everyone started to ask her questions "Miss can I go and get a drink from the changing room please?" Dianne asked.
"Of course, and come here a second before you go." She said, Dianne walked over. "Try not to stress, go get a drink and calm yourself down."
"Will do, thanks miss." Dianne said and then headed into the changing rooms, when she walked in, 2 other girls who she was friends with in English were in the changing rooms just about to leave.

"Dianne are you okay? Do you need me to get someone?" One of the girls, Stacey, asked as she saw Dianne start to breath heavily.
"I'm good thanks." Dianne said quietly.
"Dianne I'm gonna stay with you till you've calmed. Ash go and get miss." Stacey said to her friend Ashley who ran out the room to get their teacher.
"Dianne just breath, you'll be okay." Stacey said rubbing the redheads back.
"Oh gosh Dianne." The teacher said as she walked in and could see that Dianne was mid panic attack.
"Is their anyone you want me to get Dianne? They can be in a different class." The teacher suggested.
"Joe, Joe Sugg?" Dianne asked quietly. "He's in media."
"Okay, do you want me to get Toff aswell while you wait for Joe?" She suggested, Dianne shook her head. "Alright, I'll go and fetch Joe, Stacey can you stay with Dianne." The teacher said and then left the room. Stacey stayed giving Dianne a hug as she had calmed down until Joe came running into the changing room.

"Dot. What happened?" Joe said as he sat down next to her.
"Toff told everyone about tour. And everyone was asking questions. I didn't want anyone to know." Dianne said.
"Hey, calm yeah. It's fine." Joe said as he rubbed Dianne's back.
"Do you want me to go? Leave you two?" Stacey asked, she could tell something was going on between the pair so didn't want to stay if she wasn't wanted.
"Stay." Dianne said, "please." She wanted a friend with her, not just her boyfriend.
"So Toff told everyone. Dot, everyone was gonna find out anyway, it's not that big of a deal." Joe said, he couldn't work out why Dianne was so stressed.
"But it is Joe. In Australia, when people found out that I had been booked for the tour, before I went, everyone would talk about it. I wasn't know as myself anymore, I was the dancing girl. Everyone treated me different, it came with a bit of bullying but I could deal with it, but I didn't like all the attention from people who I'd never spoken to before. So when I started here I wanted to be known as Dianne, not the dancing girl. And I feel like that's all it's gonna be now." Dianne said, crying into joes chest.
"Hey, it won't be like that. People will just know that your extremely talented, but you'll still be Dianne." He said.
"You know Di, it doesn't change my opinion or anything on you, your still the mad girl from English to me." Stacey laughed.
"Thank you." Dianne said quietly. "Sorry for being a pain. Sorry for making you miss media Joey." Dianne said as she gave him a hug.
"Hey It's fine. Anything to make sure you're okay." Joe said as he kissed her forehead.
"You two are together aren't you?" Stacey asked.
"Yeah, but you can't tell anyone. It's really new, like as of yesterday."