Fifthteen

"Where's Di?" Caspar asked the next day at lunch, the whole group was sat at the table but the redhead who usually sat next to Joe was missing.
"She's sitting with Stacey and Ashley and their friends." Joe told them, Dianne wasn't talking to Toff since the events of yesterday. Toff has messaged Dianne last night to ask why she got so upset and once Dianne replied with her reasonings, Toff got all moody and sent Dianne a few mean messages. Because of this, Dianne didn't want to be near her today so decided she would sit with some of her other friends.
"Stacey?" Caspar asked.
"Dooley? You know the ginger one. So Dis with Stacey, Ashley and Faye and Lauren I think. Dot knows Staceys boyfriend well, you know Kevin Clifton from St Peter high, him." Joe told everyone.
"I didn't know Di was friends with them?" Ambar said.
"Yeah she is, she's close with Stacey. They are in the same English and they talk all the time out of school."
"Oh right. So whys she with Stacey?" Ellie asked, she wasn't as close to Dianne as some of the other were but still wanted her around.
"It's a long story. Well not really, but after what happened in dance and then other things happened." Joe said, not wanting to give too much away.
"What so she's not sitting with us because we had a joke last night." Toff asked.
"Toff, I saw the messages, it wasn't a joke." Joe said making everyone ask what had happened. "Your lucky Dianne's the way she is, it could have seriously upset her, but she's really strong. You guys don't know what that girl goes through and what she has gone through in the past, I only know little bits but honestly the things you said to her last night Toff could have done damage." Joe said sternly. Toff just remained quietly while everyone else started to chat to eachother.

"You know these 2 right Di?" Stacey asked at lunch.
"Yeah, it's Faye and Lauren right?" Dianne said, they both nodded. "Thanks for letting me stay with you guys today. Just didn't feel like having to be around Toff." Dianne told them, Dianne was good friends already with Stacey due to English and they would message eachother and talk outside of school and she knew Ashley through English but hadn't really met the other two properly yet.
"What exactly happened Dianne?" Faye asked, she had heard from people who had taken dance that it came out that Dianne was a professional dancer but she didn't know anything else.
"Yeah so basically, she told everyone in dance yesterday about me being professional, you've probably heard, even though she knew I didn't want people knowing, and then she kept going into detail about what I've done and stuff. So then I had a bit of a breakdown in the changing rooms with Stacey. Then last night Toff messaged me asking why I had got so upset so I explained why and she took it all the wrong way and sent me so horrible messages." Dianne told them, she had already shown Stacey the messages this morning but she wasn't going to show anyone else, she didn't want everyone knowing so just Joe and Stacey knew.
"Oh bless you. Well your welcome to stay with us for a long as you want. We need another foreigner in the group." Ashley laughed, being from America.
"Yeah. How long have you been in the UK?" Dianne asked.
"A lot longer than you, I've been here about 7 years now, you've been a few months right?" Ashley asked.
"Yeah just under 3 months." She told them. For the rest of lunch Dianne got to know the group more and the group learnt more about Dianne. Dianne felt rude admitting it but she felt more comfortable with these 4 than she ever had done with the other group, well apart from Joe.

Once the day was over, Dianne was going back to Joes for dinner so they met outside of the school. Tracey had offered to pick them up as it was raining.
"Hows your days been?" Tracey asked when the two got into the car.
"Good thank you Trace." Dianne said.
"Yeah it's been good, missed you though Dot, leaving me all alone at lunch and break." Joe said laughing.
"What's happened?" Tracey asked.
"Basically I sat with a different group at lunch because me and Toff aren't talking." Dianne said.
"What she means mum, is that Toff was horrible to her last night so Dianne is doing the sensible thing and removing herself from the situation before it gets worse." Joe said.
"Oh god. I'm sorry Dianne. She shouldn't be being mean. Who did you sit with, you were with people right." Tracey checked, she hated the idea of Dianne being alone.
"Yeah don't worry, I was with Stacey, do you know Stacey?"
"Yeah, Dooley? Her mum is lovely, you went primary with Stacey didn't you Joe?"
"Yeah. She always had massive birthday parties." Joe laughed.
"Oh yes she did didn't she. Well it's good your friends with her Dianne, and I'm sure you and Toff will sort everything out." Tracey said, Dianne nodded but deep down she didn't know if she actually wanted to.

"Joe, do you think if I stayed with Stacey and her group, would everyone be annoyed?" Dianne asked as they were sat in joes room doing homework.
"No of course not. Why?" He wondered.
"Just because, today at lunch I really enjoyed being with that group. I felt more comfortable with them if you get me." Dianne said, she felt bad saying this but it was true, but she also didn't want to offend Joe.
"Don't get worked up." Joe said noticing that Dianne was about to cry. "It's absolutely fine, no one is going to be annoyed. Your still fairly new to the school, your still finding your feet, and that means experimenting with different friend group, and if you've found one that's better than ours, go to them. I mean, I'm still gonna talk to you all the time aren't I. You sitting with a different group or having a different friend group isn't going to change the fact that I really like you." He said, Dianne nodded. "And you don't owe anyone an explanation. If you want I can tell them tomorrow." Joe suggested.
"Would you? I've spoken to Stacey and she said I can join their group. Are you sure your okay with it? If you would rather me stay with you guys then I will." Dianne told him.
"Don't be silly. Part of being your boyfriend is wanting the best for you and the best for you is this new group. Yeah." He told her as she gave her a hug, she nodded. "And I was thinking, why don't we just tell everyone we are together. We won't get grilled if we're not in the same group." Joe suggested.
"Yeah, I think we should. But can we do it like just post a picture so we don't actually have to say it, they will just see it?" Dianne asked.
"How do you feel about around 1 million people seeing it?" Joe said, he had thought about this during the day, announcing it to his fans aswell.
"You mean your fans?" Dianne asked. Joe nodded. "I mean, yeah why not."
"Throw me my phone, you can help me chose a picture, well do it now." He said. F

@joe_sugg : Every love story is different, but ours is my favourite! @diannebuswell you are something special and I can't wait to see where this goes 💕Xx