Three

"Woah, Joe your house is massive!" Dianne shouted when they walked up his driveway.
"Do you think?" He said, to him it was normal, to be fair, it was big, a 5 bedroom house with a giant garden, not a mansion, but quite big.
"Yeah, it's so much bigger than mine, but then again, mines only a 3 bedroom house but one of the rooms is a dance studio now, so really a 2 bedroom house." She said as they walked in.

"Joseph! Is that you?" Someone shouted from the kitchen, Joe walked forward, walking into one of the room, Dianne following close behind.
"Hiya mum. This is Dianne." Joe said, introducing Dianne.
"G'day Mrs Sugg." She said.
"Oh please darling, call me Tracey. And Joe when you asked if someone could come round for dinner and to work on a project, I just assumed you meant Caspar or Byron, not a girl." Tracey exclaimed.
"Mum, Dianne's my friend, she joined the school today." Joe said.
"Oh wow, how come you've moved if you don't mind me asking Dianne, your not from here are you?" She asked.
"From Australia, we moved last week, me, mum and dad, my brothers are still in Oz. But we moved over because I got a dance opportunity over here." Dianne told the older woman.
"Wait is that why! That's what Toff was going on about when she said your a professional." Joe said quickly.
"Oh shut it you!" Dianne laughed. "Anyway yeah over because of dance, not over here because I'm a professional, I could be a pro in Australia." Dianne said.
"Right! Anyways we should go and get started on this project." Joe said, Dianne nodded and they headed upstairs.

Joe was enjoying spending time with Dianne, she had no clue who he was, she didn't know he was a YouTuber with a million subscribers, she just knew him as Joe and he loved that. He liked that he could just be himself. He also liked the fact that it seemed as if Dianne had a profession of her own that she didn't want to share with everyone, which he respected. They had done a lot of work on their project and had nearly finished it, despite having been given two weeks to complete it.

"Di, mums messaged and asked if you want toad in the hole for dinner?" Joe asked his new friend, who was quickly becoming one of his best friends.
"What the hell is toad in the hole? Your not eating like a frog are you?" She asked, not wanting to have that but also not wanting to sound rude.
"No, oh god no. It's a sausage in a Yorkshire pudding." He said.
"And what's one of them?" She asked.
"It's hard to explain, it's made out of a pancake mix but it's completely different." Joe said, trying to work out the best way to describe a Yorkshire pudding.
"Okay, I mean yeah sure. I'm quite fussy though. I like sausage so I'll definitely eat that."
"You'll like it I'm sure, and mum normally puts out other bits of veg like carrots and broccoli so you can have that, but I've never met anyone who doesn't like Yorkshire puddings so I'm sure you will." Joe laughed, just then Dianne's phone started to ring.
"It's my mum, I better answer it." She said, picking up her phone.

"Ciao mamma. è tutto ok?" She said, making Joe look up.
"Chiederò a Joe adesso." She said then moved her phone away, "Joe what time should I get picked up?"
"Er 8?" Joe said, she gave him a thumbs up.
"Intorno alle 8."
"Ti mando il suo indirizzo. Ti amo mamma" she said before hanging up.

"What the hell was that?" Joe asked when she sat back down on his bed.
"What?"
"You spoke a different language." He laughed.
"Oh yeah Italian, mums Italian so when I talk to just her we speak in Italian." Dianne told him.
"Wait so at home you always speak Italian?"
"No, when my dads around we speak English, including my mum coz my dad doesn't understand Italian, but if it's just me and my mum then yeah, and when ever I speak to my mum, unless I've got like a friend round or something, I speak Italian." She told Joe.
"That's really impressive. You literally just switched language like it was nothing."
"Yeah to be honest, I don't even think about it."
"That's cool, do your brothers speak it aswell? You have brothers right?" Joe asked, sure she had mentioned it earlier.
"Yeah, 2, Andrew and Brendan. And no they don't speak it, I'm the youngest, Andrew is 10 years old than me and Bren is 8 years older, so when I was born, mum wanted at least one of the kids to be able to speak Italian, she didn't really care how much but I just picked it up and am fluent and I like speaking it so when it's me and my mum we go Italian. It's good because my Nonna doesn't speak much English so I can communicate with her really well." Dianne told him.
"That's so good. What do you prefer? English or Italian?" He asked her.
"Probably Italian, I think in Italian most of the time, not English." She told him.
"My god. That's impressive. And that's my mum shouting, we should go down and eat." Joe said, they both got up and headed downstairs.

"And this Di, is toad in the hole." Joe said as they sat down.
"Dianne have you never had this before?" Tracey asked.
"I've never heard of it, never mind tried it. It looks nice though. Thank you Tracey." Dianne said as she started to eat it. "This York-Shire pudding is really nice." She said making Joe and his mum laugh. "What?"
"Yorkshire, not York-shire." Joe laughed.
"Oh."
"Anyway Dianne, tell me abit about yourself. It's good to see Joe with a new friend, I know all his other friends really well, I have them round most weekends." Tracey said.
"Well, my names Dianne, I mean that's obvious. I'm 14, 15 in May. Today was my first day in a school for just over a year." She said.
"Oh wow, if you don't mind me asking, how come you were out fo school for a year?" Tracey asked, not wanting to over step.
"Oh no it's fine, it's nothing bad, and Joe if you dare repeat this I will, I dunno what I'll do but I'll do something." Dianne said.
"Scouts honour!" Joe said making Dianne laugh.
"I was on a tour. I did a world tour with a dance company." Dianne said.
"Wow, that's incredible." Tracey said
"So you literally went around the world with a dance company, what about your family?" Joe asked.
"I went alone, my family didn't come with me. I was scouted by a dance company and went on tour with them as the youngest member ever. When we did Australia, my parents toured with me but everywhere else I was just with the company." She told them.
"That's amazing."
"It's probably why I'm so confident, I had to literally grow up in a few days before I left." Dianne said.
"I bet it was hard in different countries not being able to communicate with people, I suppose you picked up a bit of different languages though." Tracey said.
"Yeah, I mean anywhere that spoke English or Italian I was good, I'm fluent in Italian so I was all good in Italy." Dianne told Tracey .
"Yeah mum, you should have heard her on the phone to her mum before, if was all Italian." Joe said making Dianne laugh.
"That's very impressive. I'm guessing you love all Italian food, next time you come over we could have pasta." Tracey said.
"You know, I don't even like pasta! I know, an Italian who hates pasta." Dianne laughed.
"So no pasta next time you come." Tracey laughed. "You know Dianne, I must say that your a lovely girl. I've met all of Joes friends before, and I can definitely say you are going to fit in so well with the group." Tracey said.
"Thank you, I'm just grateful that the whole group have welcomed me in." Dianne told them.
"I mean, how could we not Di. I mean I've only known you for a day but it feels like I've known you forever." Joe said.
"Oh no, Joes going soft." Tracey laughed.