Calum

“Michael, Calum! Hurry up!”

Looking ahead of me at Luke who was bouncing from foot to foot eagerly I laughed.

“Practice isn’t for another fifteen minutes, chill.”

“Yeah and in fifteen minutes the girl’s gym class will be long over!” he replied.

“Are you serious?” Michael grumbled, “You made me leave Miss. Carson’s class early to watch the girl’s gym class leave?”

“Dude that’s cold.” I chuckled.

“Tell me about it.” Michael huffed, “She was wearing a pencil skirt today.”

“High heels?”

“Duh.”

“Damn.”

“Can you guys hurry up!” Luke whined.

“We’re coming.” I laughed.

Running ahead of us Luke stopped at the top of the bleachers and slouched in defeat/

“Great.” He grumbled, “They’re’ done.”

Moving to stand beside him I looked down at the football field where the large group of girls was sitting, except for two. Annie who was jogging along without a car in the world, and Katy.

“Go Annie!” Michael shouted in a way which would have embarrassed any other teenage girl to the point of tears, however looking up at us excitedly, Annie waved.

Laughing, the three of us waved back.

Reaching the patch of grass where the others were sitting, she stopped looking triumphant.

High fiving several girls she then went and flopped down on her stomach.

“She’s going to want ice cream on the way home now.” Michael sighed.

“I want ice cream on the way home!” Luke cried.

“You wanna come Calum?” Michael questioned.

“No I don’t think so.” I mumbled.

“Are you going to practice with us today?” Luke asked.

“I can’t.” I muttered, “I have to put on ten pounds first.”

“Well then watch us practice then come get ice cream with us.” Luke replied.

“No I don’t think so.” I sighed, “Ice cream is just creamy fat, in a cone of fat…. I….no…”

“We’ll get frozen yogurt.” Michael amended, “In a cup.”

“I don’t know.” I mumbled.

“Please.” Luke pleaded, “You can even put fruit on it instead of good toppings.”

Hesitating, I shifted from foot to foot nervously.

“Come on.” Luke coaxed, “You know you want to.”

“Okay fine.” I sighed, “I’ll go.”

Grinning, Luke pulled me by my neck into a one armed hug.

“Katy is still going down there.” Michael noted randomly.

Pulling away from Calum I looked down at the track where Katy was moving at a snail pace.

“I feel so bad for her.” Luke mumbled, “That’s got to suck.”

“Let’s keep it moving Pratt!” Coach Gunn shouted, “Five more laps!”