Calum

"Anna.... Anna, please I know you can hear me. Anna come on."

Bopping her head to the music blaring from her ear buds, Anna pushed her soggy Cheerios around the bowl.

"Anna, come on." I groaned, "I know what I said was messed up but I didn't mean it."

Ignoring me, she turned the page of her biology text book.

Sliding down in my seat I lightly kicked her shin under the table. Finally looking up at me she sent me a look that could kill before kicking me back, undoubtedly leaving a bruise.

"Ow!" I yelped.

Looking annoyed, Dad entered the room from the kitchen, a coffee mug held in one hand and his second favorite child, (no one could compete with the ranking spot of the fish) his laptop, held in the other.

Sitting down at the end of the table, he turned it on.

"Anna." I said quietly, trying to be discrete.

Nothing.

"Annabelle."

Still nothing.

"Annna!"

"Calum do not shout in the house!" Dad snapped, looking up from his laptop.

"She's ignoring me!" I tattled, feeling like a five year old.

"Don't be a pratt." Dad chided, "And maybe she will."

"What is a prat?" I grumbled.

"You have a smart phone." He responded, "Google it."

Frowning, I looked down at the unappetizing piece of toast on my plate.

"Speaking of Pratts." Dad said causally, "Did that girl get in touch with her sister."

"I don't know." I admitted, feeling guilty for not texting her back the day before.

"Talk to her at school today." He ordered, taking a long sip of his coffee, "I can't just wait around keeping space in my schedule for a case open if it's not going to happen."

"Wait! You're actually going to help us?"

"I'll see what I can do Cal."

"Is that a yes?"

"You're going to be late for school Calum."

Jumping to my feet, eager to talk to Katy I ran up to him, instinctively wanting to hug him but refrained, "Thank you!"

"School Calum." He responded, trying to hide his smirk behind his coffee.

"Thank you." I repeated swinging my bag over my shoulder and starting towards the door, "She's going to be so happy. Thank you so much!"

Trying hard not to cave in and let the smile tugging at the corners of his lips show, he pointed to the door. Which giving in, I more or less ran to.

The ride to school seemed to take longer than usual, as did the hunt for a parking space and the long walk into the rectangular brick building. Not bothering to stop at my locker, I made a beeline for hers, however she wasn't there yet.

Pulling my phone out of my pocket and glanced down at the time. 7:45. I was fifteen minutes early.

Opening my texts, I scrolled down until I found Katy's name and hastily typed her a message.

Text me when you get to school. I'm by your locker. I have something to tell you! XD

"һ�(�~