Katy

"Do you want like, crackers to go with that?"

Looking up from the bowl of Chicken Noodle soup I'd made him, Calum shook his head.

Sighing, I handed him a spoon.

"Do you have hot sauce?" he questioned, dipping his spoon into the golden liquid and stirring.

"For soup?"

"Hot foods speed up your metabolism."

"Calum..."

"Pepper?"

"Calum."

Sighing in defeat, he glowered at the soup for several seconds as if it were the committer of some heinous crime before leaning forward and blowing on it lightly.

"If you eat that I'll give you all the money I own." His older sister Anna announced from her perch on the kitchen counter where she was eating popcorn from the bag.

I looked at her skeptically while Calum snorted, "What's that, a buck and a half?"

"Seventy-five cents." Anna answered with her mouth full, "But it's the thought that counts."

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" he demanded.

"My boyfriend just told me he's gay." She answered nonchalantly, spraying squirtable butter, intended for corn on the cob into her open mouth, "I'm mourning."

"Anna the dude wears sparkly lip gloss."

"I just figured he ran out of chap stick."

"He wears women's jeans."

"So do most band members."

"You have the same celebrity crush."

"I have girl crushes, how was I supposed to know guys don't."

"He plays the freaking flute!"

"So what?"

"I've never met a male fluter..."

"Flautist."

"Whatever."

"It's kind of a traumatic ordeal Cal. I'm nursing a broken heart at the moment. The very least you could do is refrain from basing my gaydar."

"Anna he had a Lady Gaga bumper sticker."

Frowning, Anna folded the top of the unfinished back of popcorn before trudging over to the freezer, yanking it open and removing a quart of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

"Do you think I turned him gay?" she demanded, searching through several kitchen drawers for a spoon before admitting defeat and using a fork.

"I'm pretty sure he was born that way." Calum answered, "Sorry to deflate your ego."

"I think it's because I'm bad in bed." Anna muttered, causing Calum's eyes to bug out of his head.

"I'm sure that wasn't it." I offered kindly.

"I already bought his Christmas present." She moaned, "Like, couldn't he wait a month before ruining it! I bought it on Amazon it's nonrefundable."

Giving her a pitying shake of the head, Calum returned his focus to his soup.

"I'm sorry, this is about you not me." Anna sighed before breaking into a chant of "Let's go Calum let's go!" sounding more like a spectator at a basketball game then a concerned sibling encouraging her brother to eat.