Calum

As if the weather were a metaphor for my day, I woke up to an obnoxiously loud clap of thunder.

Like bass at a concert it rumbled in my chest, increased my pulse and startled me so horrifically I cried out in alarm, my mind still somewhere in my nightmares and my body twisted in my sweat soaked sheets.

My heart racing I say up and rubbing the shadowy outstretched limbs behind my curtains from the corners of my vision, glanced at the alarm clock beside my bed.

7:15

Cursing loudly realizing that I'd overslept I swung my legs over the side of the bed and rising to my feet started out of the gloomy room, tripping over clothes and textbooks in the dark.

Stopping in the bathroom I ran my fingertips under the faucet while I brushed my teeth before using the moisture to tame my bed head.

Not bothering to change out the t-shirt and athletic shorts I wore to bed I pulled a hoodie and my tennis shoes on as I stumbled out the front door and towards my car.

Cringing at every ear shattering clap of thunder I drove hastily to school and just barely parked and made it inside before one of the janitors locked the front door.

My hair, wet with rain water clung to my forehead as I raced down the hall and yanked the door to my first class open.

Immediately I became the focus point of the class, Miss Pinicle's lecture completely forgotten.

"Calum?" She said slowly, in way of greeting, "You're late."

"Sorry." I muttered, "I overslept."

"Overslept." Someone snickered under their breath.

Confused, I glowered in his direction.

"He was probably doing a quickly in the car." Someone else chucked, "I mean you can't really blame the guy. It is Valentine's Day."

Realizing that I'd completely forgotten the holiday I quickly looked towards Katy's seat, however to my dismay she wasn't in it.