「 Chapter 11 」

A strong push in the side woke Kili from his sleep.
"Hey ..." he muttered sleepily.
"Get up, come on." His brother pulled him to his feet. "It's already getting bright."
Kili blinked the sleep out of his eyes and found himself in the midst of the rest of the group, where everyone was already busy packing up their things.
Ori bumped into a table, causing some of the plates on it to fall.
"Ori!" Dori gave his brother a pat on the back of the head "Be quiet!"
"Where's Gandalf?" Bilbo asked as he shouldered his luggage.
"Not here with us. We're leaving without him, we don't have time anymore." Thorin ordered and helped Nori stow the innumerable objects that he had already taken along in Rivendell alone.
When Kili and Fili returned to the others yesterday, Thorin, Balin and Bilbo related what Lord Elrond had deciphered on the card. The company then discussed how to proceed and immediately afterwards retired.
Kili approached his brother, who was just putting on his cloak and checking the blades of his swords.
"Fili!" the younger whispered as he approached the blonde. Latter looked up.
"Have you seen her again?" Kili asked carefully.
"Of course not." replied the older one. Before Kili could ask any further questions, they were interrupted by Dwalin "Seen who?" he asked grimly, stepping between them and looking from one brother to the other.
"Nobody." Kili pushed around.
"You're talking about this ... this dwarf-elf, whatever she may have been." Dwalin said scornfully. Kili gave Fili an uncertain look, his brother immediately looked at the floor.
"Better forget about her right now." Dwalin laughed ignorantly. "She's not here, probably too scared of us." He strode past the young dwarfs "We are waiting for you, now come at last."
Fili reached for his bag.
"Come on, brother." he said to Kili as he passed. This followed him quickly after he had made sure that they hadn't forgotten anything.
The dwarves and the hobbit left the elves across the bridge they had already crossed. The guards didn't even tried to stop them. They were most likely glad enough that the dwarves set off again.
At least no one had tried to stop the dwarves until now.
The company went on the narrow path, which they lay high on a rugged rock and led them further and further away from Rivendell.
"Be on your guard." admonished Thorin, who walked at the front, "We're about to step over the Edge of the Wild."

The dwarves and the hobbit walked after him like in a queue, two side by side barely fit on this path.
Bilbo was walking behind Kili, Fili behind the Hobbit, when he stopped and looked back at Rivendell one last time. Despite the very short stay, the hobbit already missed the house of the elves again. He had been fascinated by studying the history of the elves, having conversations with them and getting to know their culture better. Besides, he didn't have to wield a sword here, and certainly not have to take back a mountain. And all of this under an often very bad-tempered leader. When Thorin let old Balin take the lead, since he already knew his way around these routes, Fili squeezed past the hobbit and followed his brother.
Bilbo couldn't explain what had happened between the two of them last night and why this extremely strange Ilèyn was suddenly swallowed up by the ground. However, he did not dare to ask questions either. However, it worried him when he thought back to what she had said in their brief conversation after the troll affair.
"Master Baggins!" the dwarf leader called for him. In the meantime, almost the whole group had already overtaken Bilbo and he was still standing there, looking towards Rivendell "I suggest you keep up!"
Thorin's solemn voice made the hobbit turn back and follow the company. Over time the hobbit became more and more unsure whether this was really the right thing to do.

As Thorin had announced, the path ended in the middle of the wilderness. Surrounded by tall grass and the Misty Mountains on the horizon, the group marched with their clear goal in mind.
Over mountains, over rivers, past huge waterfalls, accompanied by the sun, which slowly but surely approached the earth. It would soon be dark and they had not yet reached the Misty Mountains, even though they had not even rested so far.
Bilbo's legs began to feel heavier and he leaned exhausted on his walking stick. He watched Fili and Kili, absorbed in a conversation. About what, the hobbit couldn't understand.
Next to him, Dori told the young Nori what dangers can lurk in every little corner of a mountain, which plants one should never eat and why elves would behave so arrogantly. The young dwarf made a note of everything in his travel diary, in case "you might still need it".