「 Chapter 33 」

A low creak and the brief resurgence of the noise in the house signaled to Ilèyn that she was no longer alone out here.
She sighed almost inaudibly and looked at the floor.
At first it was quiet, but then she heard steps slowly approaching.
She knew exactly who that was.
The footsteps stopped a few meter from her.
"You like to sneak away, don't you?" Fili asked, amused.
Ilèyn had to smile a little.
"Well, actually with the intention of being alone a little bit." she answered. She looked up, turned in his direction and looked at him in mock reproach.
A small lantern on the corner of the house gave off a sparse warm light, but the silvery light of the moon almost predominated over them. Ilèyn moved away from the railing where she had stood and looked out over the canals.
"Why aren't you with the others at the feast inside?" she asked and walked slowly to the blonde.
"I think someone between those scatterbrains should keep a cool head." the dwarf smiled.
"More like two." Ilèyn replied and nodded slowly.
She felt strange. She... wanted to get away from this situation for some reason, so that feeling would end. She looked at Fili for a moment and then wanted to go between him and the house wall back to the door inside. When she took a big step to his side, she felt his hand on her arm. She stopped immediately.
"You wanted to tell me something" Fili said to her and gave her a warm look "Just before we went to that... party inside."
Ilèyn turned to him and he let go of her. She was standing right in front of him and had to look up a little to see him in the eyes.
"Yes..." she began, overwhelmed and insecure in this situation. "That means, no... I..." she stuttered and looked around lost.
"Actually, I don't know what I wanted to say to you..." she admitted "I mean... I wouldn't know how to say it if I knew what it would be and..."
She was interrupted by Fili, who carefully grabbed her hood with both hands and pulled it off her head.
"Have you forgotten what we discussed about it?" he asked softly and looked at her lovingly.
Ilèyn now felt his closeness more strongly than before. She wanted to prevent this unnatural weakness from rising inside her. She wanted to keep her from losing control of the situation, from losing control of her emotions.
She was afraid. From what she didn't know. What was ubiquitous at the time and yet so unknown to her. What absorbed her so much and occupied her body like nothing else she had felt before.
When she looked into his eyes, she felt safer than anywhere else in the world. As if she was being teleported to a place where evil didn't exist. Where there was no worry, no suffering and no pain.
This fear and this security at the same time... she just couldn't handle it.

When she tried to take a step back, she felt the wall behind her. Fili hadn't moved an inch. She just couldn't look away. She had to look him in his eyes.
Involuntarily her breathing became faster and irregular, her lips parted as he got a little closer to her.
"I... I am..." she said almost inaudibly.
"Don't be afraid..." he breathed, put his warm palm on her cheek and lifted her head only very slightly.
Her mind and thoughts gave up fighting back and she closed her eyes. Just a blink of an eye later she felt his soft lips on hers, captivating her in a long, gentle kiss.
Ilèyn's heart skipped a long beat, as if it had frozen, only to be captured a moment later as if by a tremendous explosion of electrifying heat. An energy flowed through her body like she had never felt one before.
She sighed against his lips, his scent numbing her senses and turning her legs to wadding. Just before she might actually slump, his other hand went under her cloak and he wrapped his arm around her waist to pull her closer to him. He could easily embrace her with one arm, she was so thin and fragile in his arms. With his right hand he stroked her cheek and neck. Every single touch from him, no matter how small, felt ten times as strong for her and at every point where his fingers ran, she instantly got goose bumps, which immediately spread over her whole body.
As if she feared that Fili might move away from her at any moment, she put her right arm around his shoulders, her left hand rested on his chest. His heartbeat leapt towards her, racing, as if his heart didn't have enough room in his chest.
At that moment she felt how he slowly let go of her. Ilèyn didn't know how long this moment had lasted, she felt as if it would had lasted centuries, hours, minutes, or just seconds. As his lips separated from hers, she noticed the almost numbing tingling sensation he was leaving on her lips. He hadn't moved away from her a bit, had pressed her even tighter and now leaned his forehead against hers, the tips of their noses touching each other very lightly.
Limp, her arm slipped from his shoulder and she blinked open her eyes.
Breathing heavily, she looked at the floor, her chest rising and falling as if she had been running for several days in a row. She felt his warm, also quick breath on her cheek and concentrated with all her strength not to sink to the ground.
Her fingers were numb, her ears were pounding, and her heart was racing faster than ever. She raised her head and immediately her and his gaze met. She looked up at Fili with wide eyes, overwhelmed, speechless. His eyes flickered back and forth between her eyes, he didn't know what to say either.
Then, just a moment later, and to Ilèyn's complete surprise, his lips covered hers again, this time a little more stormy. Once more this warmth shot through her, starting from her heart into every little part of her body. She closed her eyes, her hand finding its way to the back of his head, where it ran through his wavy blonde hair.
He adjusted to her breathing and his kisses became more greedy. Ilèyn found herself biting his lower lip very gently and standing a little on tiptoe to be about the same size as him. In response, she felt his mouth forming a grin.
The fact that he was now carefully and reluctantly breaking loose from the kiss didn't seem to please him and her. He looked down at her with a smile.
"We shouldn't... stay out here too long." he mumbled softly and his voice was full of affection and warmth, "Otherwise someone else will come up with the idea to check on us here."
That elicited a smile from Ilèyn and she let her head sink exhausted on his chest. She was still clutching the fabric of his dark linen top. Slowly she loosened her grip and at the same time felt how he put his arms around her.
"I'm fine with everyone seeing us here..." she whispered.

Still smiling gently, she concentrated on the warmth emanating from his body and on his breathing, which, like her own, was still fast, but now slowly calmed down.
"Do you really want to go back in there...?" she asked softly after a few quiet moments when they had stood tightly embraced. She couldn't hide her slight disappointment that Fili have to get back to the others.
"No..." he sighed regretfully. "But someone should keep track of what's going on in there." He pushed a small strand that had come loose from her braid back behind her ear. His fingers gently ran over the small, pointed auricle.
Ilèyn sensed this and frowned. She lifted her head from his chest and looked at him questioningly. He just grinned, which also made her smile uncertainly.
"What?" she asked skeptically.
He buried her face in both of his hands and looked deep into her eyes.
"Menu tessu, Mizimelûh." he said, gently stroking her cheek. In response, Ilèyn gave only a short, surprised gasp. She looked at the floor, didn't know what to say to it.
"You do not have to answer." he smiled and raised her head again. "I just wanted... you to know that." At his gaze, Ilèyn could practically feel her heart melt. Why was he looking at her like that?
She let out a relieved breath. Fili slowly let go of her face and took a step back from her for the first time. Since she had held onto him the whole time, she now noticed how she was still completely weak on her feet. Fili looked at her expectantly.
"Do I have your backing?" he asked with a wink. She nodded immediately and he made his way back to the door. She followed him with shaky legs. While they went the few steps over the extension of the house, the archer tried with all the strength she could muster to process what had just happened.
What did she do?
Had she shown weakness?
She had definitely shown weakness.
Why did she do that? Why?
It had felt... right.
"Everything good?" Fili asked, who already had his hand on the doorknob.
Ilèyn looked at him immediately and nodded, still a little absent-mindedly.
"Y-yes... of course." she stepped closer and motioned for him to open the door.

Immediately, laughter, roars and above all the unmistakable smell of beer reached them, which made Ilèyn groan in despair. She looked around briefly. Bombur had picked up a whole bowl of sweetened fruit and was helping himself extensively. Dwalin and Nori competed in emptying one beer mug after the other and Ori tried to go straight ahead to write in his travel diary after all the alcohol he had probably already consumed.
None of the dwarfs noticed Fili and Ilèyn coming through the door, neither of them had probably noticed that both had disappeared at all.
"Mahal..." Fili muttered and grabbed his head.
"I... I think, I..." Ilèyn stammered, while she continued to look at the chaos in front of her, "I should go to sleep." With these words she walked quickly past the large table to the door that led downstairs.
She hurried down the stairs to escape the unbelievably loud background noise, which seemed even louder to her after the minutes outside with Fili.
She still couldn't think clearly. What the hell was wrong with her? It was all so surreal. She grabbed her head with both hands and paced up and down the long corridor she had just reached. She sighed loudly and put her hands on her hips, her eyes on the ceiling. For a brief moment, Ilèyn stared into space and thought. But all thinking seemed to be of no avail, no matter how hard she tried to be as rational as she usually always was.
Maybe... it would be better if she just slept on it for a night.
She started looking for the door to her room. Just as she was about to enter, she heard someone coming down the stairs. She looked up and saw Fili, who came around the corner.
"Didn't you want to stay with the others?" the archer asked when he came walking to her.
"They can take care of themselves." he just answered quickly and stopped in front of her.
They looked at each other for a second.
Then he could no longer contain himself and pulled her to him. His lips found hers and again he captured her in a kiss that he wouldn't want to end anytime soon. Ilèyn immediately returned the kiss, ignoring all questions and doubts that had pounded on her in the last few minutes and let herself be carried away. She noticed how this indescribable feeling completely seized her body again and how she only felt the wish that this moment she was in should never end.
There was a thud as her body was pressed against the wall directly behind her.
"Sorry..." he panted as he briefly let go of her and looked at her forgivingly. Before he could continue, Ilèyn took his face in both hands and pulled him back to her. His arms slipped around her and he hugged her, with each of his kisses, which became more passionate and greedy, she felt closer to a swoon. But she didn't want to stop now, definitely not. She wanted to go on.
"Fili..." Ilèyn managed to get out of breath. The blonde paused and the two smiled at each other, breathing heavily.
"I don't think your uncle would like to see us like this here." she said and chuckled.
Fili raised his eyebrows in amusement and looked briefly to the side.
"You're probably right about that." he replied after kissing her again. "But I know how we can prevent that."
Then he opened the door next to Ilèyn and looked at the archer. Ilèyn looked at him briefly, then she entered the room before him, followed by Fili. Slowly and quietly he closed the door behind him.