「 Chapter 37 」

With both knives drawn in front of her body, Tauriel entered the hut.
The orcs immediately attacked her. The elf parried several blows and stabbed two orcs. She approached the overturned table, under which the two girls crouched, hiding, looking around in panic. Footsteps appeared out on the wooden floor in front of the door and another figure came into Ilèyn's field of vision.
"Diari!" exclaimed the archer.
The fair-haired elf smiled briefly at her before an orc ran up behind her and she, after avoiding a sword blow, hit him over the wooden railing with one blow between the eyes.
Ilèyn dived to her weapons, was just approaching her daggers when one of the orcs was already approaching her from behind. Ilèyn whirled around and slit the orc's neck in the same motion.
There was another crash and Ilèyn expected the next orc to jump through the holes in the roof, but instead of one of these creatures, a blond elf she knew very well jumped into the hut.
So Ilèyn doesn't have to die today after all. Relieved by this finding, Ilèyn went back to the girls, while Legolas, Diari and Tauriel around them quickly killed one orc after the other.
The orcs began to flee after orders were shouted from outside, the whole fight had lasted only a few moments. When the last orc was neatly beheaded by Legolas, Bain slowly emerged from behind his cover and looked around in utter shock.
"You killed them all..." he breathed, surprised by the brutality on both sides that he had just seen.
Ilèyn saw that Fili was unharmed and immediately checked on his brother. Kili had fallen out of bed and was lying on the floor, breathing heavily and moaning in pain. Ilèyn hurried over to him at once, pushed past Tauriel and looked at the dwarf.
"There are others." Legolas said at that moment and went back to the door "Tauriel, Diari! Come!"
Diari reacted immediately and followed Legolas, who was already out the door. She noticed how Tauriel stood indecisively between her and the others, almost helplessly, and looked around.
"Tauriel." she said softly and was then interrupted by another cry of pain from Kili. Tauriel looked down at him in shock.
"Follow Legolas, Diari." said Ilèyn, looking up from Kili's leg.
The dark blonde Elf found it difficult to leave two of her friends and advisers behind and go on alone, but she had no time to think about it.
"Go!" said Tauriel to her and nodded to her.
After another look at Ilèyn, Diari whirled around and set out to follow Legolas and be of support to him against the orcs. Tauriel looked down at Ilèyn, who was kneeling next to Kili and, with Fili's help, was trying to keep him calm.
"We're losing him." she said, worried.

Kili was convulsing more and more uncontrollably and had closed his eyes.
Then the sound of footsteps coming hastily up the stairs in front of the house. Ilèyn jumped up, already passed Tauriel and looked outside.
"Bofur!" she exclaimed more than relieved. When she saw that the dwarf had the Kingsfoil with him, she snatched the plant from his hand and stormed inside again.
"Athelas!" said Tauriel, also with great hope in her voice. Bofur came through the door behind her and saw the red-haired Elbe follow Ilèyn to the table.
"What are you doing?" he asked uncertainly, turning to Tauriel.
"We're going to save him." answered this.
"Exactly, this is what we do." added Ilèyn busily as she pushed the table free. She instructed Tilda to fetch the hot water and instructed Sigrid and Bain to help them get the dwarf on the table. The three did as they were told and a few moments later Kili, screaming in pain, was lying on the table in front of Ilèyn and the others.
Fili held his brother by the shoulders and Ilèyn pressed the injured leg onto the wooden plate.
"Hold him down!" she said to Sigrid and Bain, who were still standing next to her. Tauriel came to the table from the other side and stood across from the archer.
"Do you remember your lessons?" she asked.
"Every single one." Ilèyn answered seriously.
Tilda came up to her and held the bowl of water in front of her. Ilèyn took the Kingsfoil and immersed it into the water, muttering in Elvish, everything that had settled in her head from her lessons.
Bofur, Fili and the two children struggled to hold onto Kili, who writhed, kicked and screamed.
Tauriel ventured to his head and began speaking to him in Elvish. She approached his face with both hands, her voice getting louder and louder, as if she wanted to put Kili under a spell.
Ilèyn let the herb sink into the bowl, took it from Tilda and stepped back to the table. Tauriel went on and on and put a hand flat on Kili's forehead. Ilèyn pulled Kili's injured leg towards her and looked at the wound. She was shocked to see how the condition of the injury had worsened significantly. The dwarf did not hesitate any longer, took the Kingsfoil from the water next to her, rubbed it in her hands while she concentrated on Tauriel's words. In doing so, Ilèyn mumbled something to herself, then she pressed the herb directly onto the wound.
A loud and tortured scream escaped Kili's lungs and Ilèyn had to make sure that the king's herb would not fall through his fidgeting. Tauriel spoke even louder and had fixed Kili's eyes with hers while both of her hands were on his head. Ilèyn already felt how Kili's resistance subsided a little, so she still mumbled on and on and pressed the Kingsfoil firmly against Kili's wound with both hands. She looked up and watched Kili's reaction, which was actually getting calmer, his screaming subsided and Ilèyn was able to loosen her tight grip a little.
Tauriel's speech became slower and then quieter and quieter when she, too, noticed that the herb was having an effect. She and Ilèyn remained in their positions until they were quite sure that the poison of the Morgul Shaft had disappeared from Kili's body.