05

"You can stop right there

"You can stop right there." I point my finger to a parking space in front of Mindy's diner. He follows my directions and smoothly parks the car turning the engine off. Most people buy themselves cars like this to show off and if they start to drive it gets pathetically emberassing at the lack of their skills to drive it.

But it seems like Christian was born to drive this car and I really don't wanna know where he has the money to buy something expensive like this. I quickly get off my seatbelt and grab my bag. Before I grab the handle of the door I turn to him to see his eyes are already trained on me. The look in his eyes makes the words I wanted to say get stuck in my throat and I stop for a second holding my breath.

His eyes are hooded his lips slightly opened and I know this look. I get it every night but right now I was not prepared to see it. Especially not from him and it makes me squirm in the seat.

"You work at a diner?" He asks now and I nod slowly while I see that he does not believe me.

"Your dad works international and you have practically a palace as your home and you work part time at a diner." He states and I really don't like the nosy look he's giving me.

"What? Just because my dad's rich doesn't mean I can't earn my own money. Where do you work? Seems like you get a lot of money if you can afford this kind of car." I say my eyes wandering around the interior.

My words make him back off and the weird look in his eyes is gone the next second. "Just say thank you and leave." He says and his voice is hard and cold. There's no trace of the friendliness he showed me at my home and I am utterly confused by his mood swings.

"Thank you asshole." I hiss before I get out of the car and slam the door shut. The engine roars up instantly and he rushes out of the spot and down the street the engine being heard for a while until his car is far enough away.

I let out an angry breath before I clench my balled up fists and walk past the diner turning the corner into a darker alley. It's lit up by pink neon lights and I stop right in front of it as I read the familiar words 'blush'.

I open the back door with my keys and immediately get greeted with hot air while I still am annoyed abut Verona's behavior. The heavy door closes with a loud thud behind me and I make my way over to the backstage area to change and put some make up on. I pass Markus' office but get stopped when he calls my  name. He's the owner of blush and makes sure that no one talks about this to the wrong people.

I push his office door fully open and poke my head  through. "I'm sorry Markus I got caught up that's why I'm late-" He waves me off with a dismissive look and I gulp.

"I just wanted to tell you that Christy is on the pole tonight I had too many clients requesting private bookings with you." He tells me and I sigh relieved that he's not kicking me out. "Okay sure which room am I in first tonight?"

"102." He says and I nod before I rush back out continuing my way backstage. A few girls are already dancing at the poles but it's still a bit quiet in the club due to the early hours. The crowd hits it's peak always around midnight or one am.

The backstage area is rustling busy with girls getting dressed or drinking shots before their dance and I spot Rose sitting at the table beside mine. I rush over with a smile my previous anger over Christian already forgotten.

"Hey Rose!" I say excitedly and put my arms around her shoulders hugging her while she presses a kiss to my cheek.

"Someone's in a good mood."

"Why shouldn't I ? It's the weekend that means one thing.."

"Dollar dollar bill y'all." Rose finishes my sentence and I chuckle lightly while I sit down in the chair beside her. Rose has been at the blush before I stumbled upon her one night. She told me about all the tricks and basicallly how the club works.

"Babe I'm being honest you're glowing today." She tells me and I roll my eyes.

"You tell me this every weekend and besides today was not a good day believe me."

"Why? Your boyfriend acting up again?" She asks me and I shake my head laughing.

"Zayne's a puppy compared to Christian."

"Ohh Christian that sounds dirty tell me more." She leans forward a curious look on her face but I wave her off while I get out my make up bag.

"It's nothing just this annoying dude who I have to work on a project with."

"Annoying is good, annoying is hot." She says nodding along and I shoot her a wary look.

"I don't think so.." I trail off and consider if I should talk to her about this or not. But who else can I ask she is a professional concerning men.

I turn to her and lean forward my words shushed so no one listens to us.

"Okay he's a loner has just his small friend group of creepy people and he switches his girls like underwear. I thought he was an annoying asshole but when he came over to my house he was actually decent than he drove me here because I was late- which was his fault- but something switched inside him when he started to talk about my work and I actually don't know what to think. Not like it's bothering me or something, I really don't care about this dude but it makes me wary that he was so friendly.

I can't read him and I hate that. Reading men is what I do every night and suddenly he turns up all confusing and mysterious and I don't know what's going on in his head." I finish and take a deep breath realizing that I didn't breathe while saying all this.

"You're into him."

"What? No!" I exclaim a bit to loudly and crumble into my chair when a few girls look over to us. Rose's eyes sparkle.

"Okay but you definetly are interested or else it wouldn't bother you."

"It's just bothering me because I can't read him that's all. Believe me Christian is not the type you wanna date."

"That's what women always say and then they end up with a guy just like that." She laughs and I sigh.

"Hey! Take me seriously. I have to work with that asshole and he's pissing me off."

"Did you try my way?" She asks me now and my brows raise because I didn't even think of it. Rose showed me a tactic on how to get anything out of a man you want.

"No I didn't."

"Well there you have it. Try it and if it works you can get over it..if that's what you really want." She tells me a small smile on her lips.

"Rose your client waits for you!" A girl calls form the back making Rose nod and stand up.

"Try it and tell me all about it next time. Oh and Sofía try not to fall for him too much." She smirks and I glare at her grabbing the first things my hands find-which is a package of condoms- and throw it at her but she luckily ducks away.

"I hate you!" I call after her but she throws me an air kiss making me turn around frustratedly and stare at my face. I look like everyday there is no glow or shining like Rose told me. She's seeing things.