28

"You're at his house

"You're at his house..and probably wearing his shirt..doing what?"

"He had to run some errands and asked me to keep an eye on his young brother and for your information I am not wearing his shirt." Okay the last thing was a lie I stole a shirt from him the second he left the apartment but thats unnecessary information for her.

"What's he doing right now?"

"I already told you running errands-"

"Not Christian, the kid." I can practically hear Emma's eye roll through the phone while I look over at Jaxon who's currently painting a white sheet with the weirdest color combinations I have ever seen in my life.

I slide onto the counter behind me observing him with a small smile on my face while I answer Emma.

"He's painting."

"Wow you're gonna be a great mom. How can it be that a week ago you told me you and Christian were just friends and now you're already meeting his family and are at his house while Sam and I didn't even have our fourth date."

"You already knew Sam's family so that's different Emma." I remind her and hear her sigh. And besides that I'm just here today because Christian and I have a plan tonight that's not gonna be any near romantic. I bunked my emergency bag at his apartment in case this goes wrong which I'm almost a hundred percent sure it's going to go wrong.

I got a key card from my dad's office with the plan to break into Ellis Enterprises tonight to get into my dad's work office and find some secret files, fotos, video any evidence that Christians dad got killed because he knew about my dad working with the illegal form of energy.

It feels weird to go against my own dad, the man who pays my bills monthly, who I grew up with my whole life which makes me glad to babysit Jaxon because it's a great distractiuon from having these thoughts.

I try to see it like I'm not going against my father, I'm helping a boy who lost his father because a business man couldn't bear to loose his company.

"Are you still there?" Emma's voice makes her way back into my ear and my eyes focus back again on Jaxon who's mustering me quietly.

"Are you talking to my brother?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No my best friend Emma." I tell him and he nods before he turns back to his painting.

"Sorry Emma I got distracted."

"Yeah I noticed that how about we talk later?" She asks and for a second I'm unsure if she's pissed.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah of course you're busy and the world is not ending when I talk to you tomorrow in school."

"Okay I'm gonna pick you up before lunch sounds good?"

"Yes." She says and we hang up just in the moment the front door slams shut in the hallway.