08

"Sofía

"Sofía." Someone nudges my shoulder and I swat the hand away so I can slip back into the safety of being unconscious. I dreamed beautifully for the first time. I was at some beach and felt the soft white sand underneath my naked feet. The curshing sounds of the waves were the only thing I could hear while I stepped closer to the water.

Usually it's dark and dangerous and it's only mission is to pull me down into it's deep ends but I know it's not gonna be against me this time. The water is warm against my feet and it feels like it's trying to tickle me which makes me chuckle lightly.

A deep chuckle harmonizes with mine and I look up surprised. I just notice now that my hand is is holding onto someones hand but the sun is so blazing hot and light that I can't see the face of the person.

"Who.." I speak up wanting to ask who he is but it seems like my throat is so tight that I can't get more out. I furrow my brows confused and open my mouth again but nothing happens. It's as if someone is holding his hands around my throat keeping me from speaking.

The person tugs at my hand and we start to get into the water while he mumbles my name softly. "Sofía." I wish I could answer him but I can't get anything out. Suddenly the sand in the water starts to swallow my feet and I cant move anymore.

"Sofía!" The voice gets more demanding while I try to get my feet out of the sand. I let go of the hand and that's probably one of the biggest mistakes I make because the person drifts away in an instant and I dive out of my dream.

My eyes fly open and I sit up straight wincing when my back shots a small wave of pain through my body.

"Ow." I groan while I rub my neck. I look around confused until I realize that I slept on our couch in the living room.

"You're going to be late for school." I focus on my dad who has his eyes trained on his phone while he's already dressed in his suit. I look around and see the clothes of my dad I lent Christian neatly folded beside me and no trace of the boy.

Did he leave before my dad arrived? It seems so or else my dad would be furious. "When did you come home?" I ask him confused while I swing my legs over the couch rubbing my sleepy eyes.

"Fifteen minutes ago I don't have time to change, something went wrong at the company that's why I have to leave again but I wanted to make sure you're not late. Why did you sleep in the living room?" He trains his eyes on me and I search for a lame excuse.

"I watched a movie and fell asleep." I lie and he nods. He leans down and presses a soft kiss against my hair before he makes his way out of the living room.

"I'm going to be home late. Why don't you ask Zayne to keep you some company I don't like you being home alone every night." He calls before he leaves.

"Sure." I mumble even though he's long out the door and I shouldn't be waisting any more time but my eyes glance towards the clothing that are folded beside me. I slowly grab the shirt and look around the room as if someone would observe me.

I press the material to my nose for a second closing my eyes but when I realize what I'm doing I throw the shirt at the end of the couch. I don't know if I imagined it but it smelled like beach and salty water.

Okay no we're not gonna go there. I grab the clothes and drop them off in the laundry room before I get ready for school in record time. In about twenty minutes I'm sitting in my car parked at the school parking lot and to my surprise I'm even a bit early. That's why I have my bag clutched to my chest while I watch the students arrive after time.

Some walk because they came with the train or bus, others arrive on their bikes but my focus is on the cars and when I finally see a porsche drive into the parking lot five minutes before class starts I open my door and get out locking my car after me.

He's not even out of his car when I already stand at the drivers side. His door opens and I look around but luckily the students are too focused on theirselves to notice me. Christian gets out and looks at me not even the slightest bit surprised.

"Morning." He says while he puts a cigarette between his lips and lights it up.

"Did my dad see you leaving?" I ask quietly and his lips stretch out into a lopsided grin.

"You make it sound like I needed to sneak out. I don't think we did something forbidden Ellis." He says even though his lips form a dirty grin. I sigh and decide to stare at a tree behind him.

"Just tell me if anyone saw you and I can go."

"No one saw me." He says and I look back at him to see his head tilted while his eyes wander over my face.

"No need to worry I'm not gonna tell anyone that you were scared and needed me to stay."

"Stop grinning Idiot." I say angrily and decide that I got everything I needed so I turn around to leave but his slender fingers move around my wrist instantly pulling me back.

"What are you doing?" I ask surprised.

"If you're scared or feel like you're in danger do not hesitate to tell me." He mumbles and I get a wiff of his fragrance making my throat squeeze when the familiar scent of the salty ocean moves in my nose.

"I-.." I trail off a bit confused by his close proximity but my attention gets pulled to his passenger door opening Georgia stepping outside. Her long blonde her is straight today and floads around her beautifully.

"Thanks but I won't need any help." I tell him politely and slip my wrist out of his grasp while I quickly rush to the school entrance.

I catch Emma standing there with an opened mouth and I quickly hook my arm arounds hers dragging her inside.

"Did I miss something?"

"No." I dodge her and I can finally breathe when we're inside the hall the crowd of students swallowing us instantly.

"Don't lie to me Sof. You're cutting me out again." She says disappointed and pulls me around the corner so we can talk.

"It's nothing okay? I talked to him about our project." I tell her while my eyes move to the locker behind her. I don't know why I don't feel like telling her but to be honest there's not much to tell.

"You're being unfair Sof. I tell you everything and you're holdig so much back I thought we were best friends." Her blue eyes look at me accusingly and I instantly feel guilty.

"What do you wanna hear? We talked about the project." I sigh.

"Sure I always stand so close and discuss heatedly while talking about a school project." She says and rushes off immediately. I groan and let my forehead drop against the cold metall of the locker.

"What was that about?" Sam arrives beside me while he watches Emma rush off into the crowd.

"Nothing." I lie again and I'm thankful that Sam doesn't press it. Now I fought with my best friend just because of a stupid boy.