19

"You look like you've cried the whole weekend

"You look like you've cried the whole weekend."

"Maybe because I did." I turn my head that's laying on my hands to the side to look at Emma beside me.

"What? Why? Is it because of Christian?" I sit up surprised at her question because she hit the bulls eye.

"Why would you say that?"

"Because he just walked in and looks like bullshit as well." I follow her eyes to see Christian with one of his friends walking to their usual table.
Nothing seems off about them besides the big blue eye he's got.

He didn't have that the last time I saw him. I bet it's from Marcelo as a punishment. My heart squeezes at the thought of him getting hurt but I quickly look back to Emma so he doesn't catch me staring.

"We worked it out. We're friends."

With 'we worked it out'. I mean he drove me home two nights ago after I cried and didn't say a thing besides that we're friends and that I can count on him.

He didn't tell me why he needs to work for Marcelo and he isn't planning on telling me.

I don't know if I believe that he just said those things because he wanted me to be safe but in the end I'm just a young teenage girl with a foolish heart that will believe anything to just get a chance at healing.

So friends it is.

"Friends? Like Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello said they were friends?" Emma raises a brow and I roll my eyes before I drop my head back onto my arms.

My eyes sting and I'm so sleepy that I could actually fall asleep during all the chatter of the students in the cafeteria.

"Okay I know you have all your Christian drama and your dads gone all crazy but do you have a tiny space for something I need to tell you or I will explode."

"Don't want that to happen. So shoot." I say looking at her while I turn my head towards her.

My eyes widen when she actually blushes and seems to be embarrassed at what she's going to tell me.

"I might've asked Sam to go out on a date this week. You were right I was blind and Sam is a really sweet guy. Sometimes you have what you need right in front of your nose." She says with a sheepish smile and I'm instantly awake as I sit up on my chair making it screech against the floor.

"You asked Sam on a date?"

"Yes."

"Sam Sam? Our Sam?"

"Yes Sof is that so hard to believe? I mean you told me he was into me-" I pull her in for a hug happily as I chuckle.

At least my friends get to be happy in all this whirlwind.

"Is that why he's not here?" I ask when I lean back to look at her while she nods.

"I told him to give me some time to tell you because there's actually a second part to it."