26

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me?"

"As good as that sounds I still have a few things I have to manage." I whisper while I look up into his pale eyes that muster me concerned.

"I don't like the idea of you with him in this house Sofía." He says and I smile lightly touched by his worry but he also knows I have to do this.

"We want to get proof on what happened with your father and I'm probably the only person who can do that. I'll pack a little bag with everything I need just in case and if it gets dangerous I come straight to you I promise. But until then I prepare everything we need." I say and I can see the distaste on his face due to my words.

He takes a step forward and grabs both my hands in his staring at them for a second.
His skin is warm and secure around my small hands.
I rock on my toes self consciously while I feel my cheeks heat up.

I still have the small piece of paper in my back pocket and it makes me all giddy after I left the club.
Maybe things can get better with Christian.

Maybe I can leave this hell hole of a house and the devil as a father after we graduated and finally start a new life that doesn't consist of destruction, hate and trauma.

"I don't know if getting proof that your dad killed my father is more worth to me than your safety. He's already dead I can't loose him again." He says and I know what's laying underneath his words.

He's scared of loosing me.

I swallow hardly and take a step closer searching for his eyes that are locked onto our intertwined hands.

"He's dangerous I know but he's still my father. He won't hurt me physically. I don't want you to regret anything when we don't-"

"You think I would regret not getting any proof? If it means you're safe I don't want it." He says stubbornly and I have to laugh lightly making him look up at me.

"I am safe Christian. Nothing is going to happen."

"You can't promise that."

"No I can't. But I can promise you to always come back to you okay?" I say and slowly put my hand on his cheek stroking it softly.

His eyes close instantly as he pushes his cheek into my hand.

"Sof I need to tell you something-"

"I know." I say and he opens his eyes his mouth opened surprised.

"You don't need to tell me." I say and get a little closer to him if that's even possible.
He puts his hands on my waist to stop me from coming closer a pained look on his face.

"No it's important and I need to tell you." He says and shakes his head and I sigh.

"I saw the gun Christian. I don't care. I don't care about Marcello or what you're doing okay? You showed me these last weeks how it really feels like to live and I'm not willing to loose that again." I whisper quietly and he looks at me defeated before he nods.