Chapter 9: The invitation

After a couple of minutes the rain finally stops and the sky is clear again

Mondo: "finaly, I thought it would never end" he says noticing the clear sky

Taka: he's still asleep on Mondo's shoulder

Mondo: he slightly shakes Taka's shoulder "Oi, Taka wake up"

Taka: gradually he wakes up "what happened?" He asks rubbing one eye

Mondo: "you fell asleep on me"

Taka: "oh! I'm sorry it wasn't my intention to do that"

Mondo: "no it's okay you don't have to apologize, I guess you were really stressed about something if you fell asleep like this"

Taka: "I guess I was, let's say that somehow you helped me to calm down"

Mondo: "well in this case I'm happy to have helped you" he kisses him on the cheek making him giggle

Akemi, who too had fallen asleep on Mondo's lap, had also woken up and was wagging his tail

Mondo: "Do you want to play Akemi?"  From a pocket of his jacket he takes a rubber ball "do you want this?"

The puppy dazzles happily as he continues to wag his tail

Mondo: "ok then, take it"

Mondo throws the ball as Akemi chases it

Taka: "How did you know that it would be useful to you?"

Mondo: "let's say I'm prepared when it comes to dogs"

Taka: "I see" he chuckles

Mondo: he chuckles too "listen, can I ask you something?"

Taka: "sure, what is it?"

Mondo: "I don't want to mess with your business but, about what you told me earlier about us humans, who was it that told you those things?"

Taka: "...... it was Kyiondo who told me"

Mondo: "it was your brother? Why tell you such a thing?"

Taka: "somehow he find out that I was dating you and I think he just said that just to protect me"

Mondo: "protect you from what? He's homophobic or something?"

Taka: "oh no he's not, on the contrary he supports me for who I am, but both he and my father hate humans, maybe even much more than others"

Mondo: "ok now I have to know, why all this hate towards us? More than once you have mentioned this thing and also Chihiro confirmed it, why all this hostility against humans?"

Taka: "..... because due to some humans..... the queen has disappeared...."

Mondo: he realizes "......and by queen.... you mean.... your mother.... right?"

Taka: "......." he nods

Mondo: "...... what happened to her?"

Taka: "......."

Mondo: "if you don't want to talk about it it's fine, I don't want to force you to talk about something you don't want"

Taka: "n-no it's okay" he gives a long sigh then continues "I don't know the details as I was not present, but my father told me that some fishermen had managed to catch my mother and my brother, in some way she  managed to free Kyiondo to allow him to escape..... but she didn't have the same luck as him..... "

Mondo: "so she is ..... disappeared like that..."

Taka: "yeah.... I think ten years will have passed since the last time I saw her, and I don't know exactly if she is still alive or not.... but on the other hand after that incident Kyiondo has changed.... "

Mondo: "and he has become overprotective because he doesn't want to lose you too because of the humans"

Taka: "yeah... I guess this is his reason... and my father's too... but all this hatred does nothing but make them remain blind to the reality of the facts..."

Mondo: "Taka ......"

Taka: "before coming here I tried to explain to Kyiondo that not all humans are evil, but he didn't want to listen to me..... but if he saw you as you really are I'm sure he would change his mind!" sighs slightly "I just want... that all this hatred didn't exist..."

Mondo: puts a hand on his shoulder "hey everything will be fine, ok? We are in this situation together and we will go out together" he smiles at him

Taka: he smiles too "...you're right, thanks Mondo"

They stay there for a while, spending time together and playing little Akemi.
A couple of hours passed until it was time to bring Taka home, as they arrived they take Mondo's bike, this time with Akemi holding by Taka to prevent him from falling off the bike, and go back to the sea.

~ To the beach~

The two are holding hands on the beach

Mondo: "it's a shame we can't stay together for a while longer"

Taka: "I know I'm sorry too, but now that Kyiondo knows about our relationship I can't risk him to seeing us"

Mondo: "I guess you're right, but before you go, can I ask you something?"

Taka: "sure"

Mondo: "well .... in a couple of days in my school there will be a school dance...."

Taka: "a school dance?"

Mondo: "it's a kind of party that the school makes for the students who are finishing the school year, anyway, on this party we can bring whoever we want, even people who are not part of the school, so..." he blush a little "I was wondering if.... you would like to come with me to the school dance..... "

Taka: "I would love to!"

Mondo: "r-really?"

Taka: "Of course! I am very interested to see how human parties work, and if I am with you I am very happy to come!" He smiled

Mondo: "cool!" He smiles too

The two give each other a last kiss before separating and each going to their home.

Not knowing that the usual black car was watching them all the time.

"Did you hear, boss? Looks like our quarry will be there at this party at the Hope Speak"

"Perfect, it's doing better than I thought"

"So what do we do?"

"Simple, we would also be present at this party and when they are alone we will make our move"

"But what do we do if "he" doesn't want to cooperate?"

"He will cooperate don't worry, after all he will be forced to do so if he dosen't want to lose the people he love"

The boss laughs maliciously as the black car drives off the streets

To be continued.....