Chapter 17: Depression and regrets

Two months passed after that incident and everything seemed back to normal, but not quite.

Now Mondo rarely showed up at school, and for the other students it was not a big change since he did it almost always, with the difference that when he was at school he behaved as usual, in fact he smiled and behaved as always, but that  it was just a mask he had created for himself.

In reality inside he was suffering a lot behind a fake smile, and when he stayed at home he would lock himself in his room ignoring any external contact.

And unfortunately Leon and Chihiro knew very well that theirs would never go back to the way it was before.

------------------------

Like every day, the two boys met behind the school to take their break together, and usually Mondo also came with them, but that was one of the days in which he did not come to school, so the two were alone.

Leon: "now it is no longer the same"

Chihiro: "I know, it looks like a mortorium without him"

Leon: "I just want to do something to help him, I hate to see him like this"

Chihiro: "Me too...." sighs sadly

Leon: "How is Taka?" He ask then even if he already knows the answer

Chihiro: "unfortunately not well, now he almost never leaves his room, and he has completely lost his smile....."

Leon: "just like Mondo..."

Chihiro: "yeah...."

Leon: "How could he do this to them?"  He says a bit angry "and then he too saw that scene and despite that he made them separate, how can it be so cruel!?"

Chihiro: "I know Leon, but we can't blame him either, he just wants to protect his son"

Leon: "And to do that you have to make him suffer like that? Wow father of the year really" he says sarcastically

Chihiro: looks away sad "if only I had prevented Mondo from making that pact....."

Leon: "hey it's not your fault, Chi"

Chihiro: "but I was there when they made that pact.... and I didn't say anything... if only.... I said something..." he starts to cry a little "maybe... the  things would have been different.... "

Leon: "h-hey Chihiro"

Chihiro: "It's my fault if they're not together anymore!" He says crying putting a hand to his face

Leon can't see his friend crying, especially if he blames himself for something he didn't do, so instinctively he take him in to a hig and he just hugs him back.

Leon: "Don't blame yourself for something you didn't do, ok Chi? It wasn't your fault"

Chihiro: ".....do you really think so?"