Chapter 18: A fairytale ending

While Chihiro was talking to King Takaaki in the throne room, Hiro and Kyiondo were outside the door trying to understand what they were saying.

Hiro: "I can't hear a thing in there"

Kyiondo: "this is because the room is soundproofed, Hiro"

Hiro: "why make it soundproof?"

Kyiondo: "to avoid that real discussions are heard by those who must not, of course"

Hiro: "ok but in this case our friend is in there and I'm worried"

Kyiondo: "no need to be worried, I'm sure he is fine"

Although deep down he too was a bit worried, this was the first time anyone went against an "order" that the king had given, and he's worried about how he might react or what he would do to him.

~ inside the throne room ~

Takaaki: "so Chihiro, tell me why you're here"

Chihiro: "I'm here because I wanted to talk to you about what happened two months ago"

Takaaki: "You refer to the incident with humans, right?"

Chihiro: "y-yes that, I think it was unfair for Prince Taka"

Takaaki: "I just done it for his sake, the world of humans is dangerous"

Chihiro: "m-maybe in part yes, but not all humans are bad, especially Mondo"

Takaaki: "Are you referring to that man with the strange hair?"

Chihiro: "yes him" he try not to laugh about his statement 'this is serious Chihiro, you can't laugh now' he thinks

Takaaki: "that's exactly why I prevented my son from going to the human world, that human has an unreliable aspect"

Chihiro: "maybe on the outside he may seem it, but he's not so bad if you know him better"

Takaaki: "getting to know a human better will only bring out his true nature"

Chihiro: "but your highness-"

Takaaki: "I've made my decision and I have no intention of changing my mind"

Chihiro: "but Prince Taka is sad for this fact, he does nothing but cry"

Takaaki: "I'm sure he'll pass it on, it's just a teenage crush that will pass him very soon"

Chihiro: "but-!"

With a wave of his hand, Takaaki silences the little triton

Takaaki: "that's enough Chihiro, humans and tritom are enemies of nature, there's no way they can become friends or anything"

Chihiro: "This is not true, we are more like them than you think

Takaaki: "we are very different from them, and there is no way anyone can combine our race with theirs"

At that point Chihiro it's no longer sees in anger, he didn't want to get to this because he would reveal his secret about him, but he has no other choice

Chihiro: "if so in this case I shouldn't exist!"

The room fell silent

Takaaki: "what do you mean by that?"

Chihiro: "I'm a hybrid between a human and a triton"

In the room you can hear the muttering of the guards talking to each other

"A hybrid between human and merman?"

"Has he gone mad?"

"He Can't Be Serious"