00: To Dance Upon Lifeless Bodies ‧˚⊹♪

MAJOR LORE / SPOILERS OF MONDSTADT'S ORIGIN !

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

SCENE I ꒷꒦‧₊˚

For the first time since the day you were born, the sky had finally stopped roaring. For the first time in centuries, mortal screams had finally died out-- their songs of desperation finally came to end.

It was quiet.

Decarabian, the god of storms, and Andrius, the god of blizzards, put an end to their savage carnage for that final seat in Celestia. It seemed their carnivorous hunger for power finally ceased, as the two of them suddenly vanished into thin air.

They left behind Mondstadt, the city which they had fought so ruthlessly over for years on end. They left behind their people with nothing but a demolished post-battleground of ruin covered with the scattered remains of their very own loved ones.

It was just plain cruel.

But even though impoverished Mondstadt was left to starve and freeze to death, it was better than being under the perpetual tyranny of two maniacal gods. Unsurprisingly, Mondstadt was grateful to be at rock bottom. They believed any amount of suffering was worth it if it resulted in an end to the Archon War.

It had brought endless darkness, ice, and storms to Mondstadt. But more importantly, it had brought death-- and a lot of it. Many courageous souls were lost along the way, so the next few years would be filled with bitter, ceaseless mourning.

But it'd be worth it in the end, right? Mondstadt was free!

You were free. After all, it was always only you that mattered, right?

Unfortunately for you, you'd been born straight into the greatest war of Teyvat in all time, so as a young child you had already become accustomed to constant bloodshed and death. Obviously, that's not something a growing child should witness.

All that does is create a living demon, born from the wrath inside of an inhumane storm and raised by a hoard of terrorized, lesser beings-- weak and nimble beings, who don't know it's best just to throw the demon out and save themselves.

But that's besides the point.

Because, even though you didn't have the capability to comprehend the feeling of pure and uninterrupted tranquility, your child-like mind still thought some peace sounded nice for a change.

Unbeknownst to you, the Archon War had practically raised you. It raised you right from scratch. It had shaped the way you viewed the world-- the way you viewed yourself. It shaped your personality, beliefs, even morals. Without knowing it, everything about you had been shaped by nothing but absolute carnage.

But the carnage didn't matter anymore, since it was finally over! Everything was going to be okay from that point on. Now, beams of light peeked through the dark, dissipating clouds as a reminder that everything would be okay. No matter what was to come, everything would turn out to be just fine.

"After so long, everything will be okay."

Hopeful, you waited within the walls of Old Mondstadt's protection camp-- the protection camp you had never left, not even once. Leaning up against the frigid rock and mud wall, you wondered what kind of treasures hid just beneath the nicknamed, 'eternal snow.' Your mind racing with innocent imagination, you allowed the never-seen-before sun to melt your frostbitten skin, for this was the first time you had felt even a shred of warmth.