19: Déjà Vu ~♪

[unedited]

SCENE I

"Hmmmm...?" You teased further, hoping to irritate the bard to the point of him bursting. You were well aware that he didn't have any feelings for you, unless they were feelings of disgust of course, but it was incredibly entertaining to see him flustered, so you continued to edge him on just for the fun of it.

Unfortunately for you though, your cruel words no longer proved torture to the bard, for he had finally regained his composure.

Barbatos sighed— a long sigh that is, and shuffled around in his spot. Once he got comfortable, he rested his head back against the same chimney you had cornered him against only moments ago.

He opened his mouth to speak, but instead of words, a waterfall of spritely, almost hysterical giggles barreled out. And it was blatantly obvious that they were directed towards you.

"What are you laughing at me all of a sudden for, you creep?" You questioned with an agitated tone, confused at the sudden, much uncalled for laughter.

"Hahaha! S- Sorry... it's just—" Heaving harsh breaths, he responded. "It's really hard to take you seriously right now, haha! I mean... Pfft— You look ridiculous!" His finger had rather quickly found its way to pointing at you.

"Huh? What do you mean—?"

"Pwahahaha! You don't even know?!" His laughing was so powerful that he had to hold his stomach with his arms, his legs kicking like a child. "Look at what you're wearing— a hospital gown?! And you were trying to seduce me? In a hospital gown?! Bahahahah! How in Teyvat did you think that would work?!"

In a split second your eyebrows furrowed and you looked away, a flurry of embarrassment rushing over you. You knew full well that he was right, you just didn't want to admit it. So instead of admitting your defeat, you crossed your arms with an ample of attitude and pushed the blame onto him. "Well... Ugh—! Who's fault do you think it is that I'm still wearing this stupid gown?! I've been so caught up dealing with your foolishness that I haven't gotten to think about anything else!"

You paused to bring the biggest amount of emphasis to your next words.

"And I wasn't trying to seduce you! You're disgusting, no, revolting!"

His laughing ceased, being replaced by the most annoying, unchanging smile you'd ever seen. "Thanks, and... yes you were."

"No I wasn't!"

"Yes you were."

"Whatever. Think what you want to think, because I know you really want to think I was seducing you." You rolled your eyes with a sarcastic grin, then laid your back down on the roof and observed the radiant blue sky. "Don't even try to deny it. Your face was as red as a tomato. Oh—! And don't worry, I saw you frantically trying to hide it with your hand."