20: Lulling of the Ferocious Tide ~♪

[an: in this chapter you finally get out of that horrid hospital gown :D but I won't go into detail on the design of your new attire and accessories. I'll leave that to your imagination.]

SCENE I

SCENE I

"Ughhhhhh... Aetherrrrrrrrrrr..."

The blondie shot his companion a sharp glare, for her constant, never-ending annoying complaints were starting to twinge him a nerve.

"Paimon doesn't wanna go to the library! It's boring there, and there's no food!" She whined, for about the seventh time in a row. "Cant you research seelies laterrrrrrr?"

Aether, somehow dragging her by the foot while she remained floating, (the physics of her existence are absolutely incomprehensible) rolled his eyes and slumped his shoulders with a great amount of exhaustion. Ever since he had left you with Venti back at the practically decaying home, Paimon hadn't stopped complaining. Whether it be about her grumbling stomach or her worry about you being left alone with the seemingly suspicious Tone-Deaf Bard, she wouldn't give the poor traveller a break.

"And what if... Ugh!" Paimon shivered at whatever disturbing thought occupied her mind at the moment. "What if we run into that scary librarian, Lisa! Paimon's not sure if she can handle her scariness on an empty stomach."

There she goes again whining about her unending and ever-torturing hunger.

"I've got no books overdue so we won't have to worry about facing her impending wrath today. Don't worry." He answered, a familiar guard opening the door to the Favonius Warehouse for him to let him and the floating fairy inside. "Besides, that's sounds like less of a fear and more of just another excuse to go and get some food."

Paimon didn't answer, knowing she had been caught red-handed.

Seconds later, the humble Honorary Knight of Favonius quietly protruded his way through the gallant library entry doors. Quietly, because secretly under the skin he too was a little afraid of the almighty Lisa, even though he would never admit this to his little companion.

Unfortunately though, despite his efforts of remaining inconspicuous and hidden, the feared violet librarian noticed his presence.

"Ah, what a surprise! If it isn't my favorite knight!" She cooed with her signature flirtatious tone, waltzing over to greet her unexpected guests. The second Aether made eye contact with her luminous lime eyes an unsettling chill was forced down his spine. "Aether, whatever are you doing here? It's a rarity to see you in my humble abode nowadays. It makes me sad you know..."

Even if the traveller couldn't clearly see the mischievous smirk across her face he still wouldn't have believed she felt like even an ounce of sadness.

He took a deep breath and broadened his shoulders, probably in attempt to feel less of overpowered against her prowess.

"Just here for a bit of research. So uh— haha... If you don't mind me I'll be going then!" His efforts to escape were to no avail, as the second he turned to leave, the librarian slammed a hand on his shoulder, still facing his back.