14: Obnoxious ~♪

SCENE I

SCENE I

You didn't answer, only glanced away from his back and to the floor. The silence was torture to the both of you, but you feared that whatever you answered would only make things worse, so you chose to seal your mouth shut.

"Tch." He grunted upon your lack of a response and then made sure to refill the silence you had ever so kindly gifted him with. "That's about the last time I try and be nice to you." With that, he opened the door and slammed it behind him with such force that the dust from the ground flurried up into the air.

"What..?"

You stood idle and alone in the middle of Venti's messy humble abode, absolutely flabbergasted. After all, he just left— just like that, without doing anything to you. He didn't harm you, he didn't insult you, albeit he didn't even look at you. What shocked you the most was that even though the bard sounded angry, he didn't seem angry— he seemed offended.

"Wasn't he acting all kind and friendly because he wanted something from me? Then why'd he just... huh?"

Your mind couldn't comprehend it, because if he wanted to harm or threaten you in any way, he certainly wouldn't have left without causing a ruckus first. It just didn't add up.

"And why'd he sound so offended? Was it something I said? Was it because I called him Barbatos?"

You racked and racked your brains, attempting to find a solution, but the more you brainstormed, the more questions you had. If he was actually offended, then that would mean he needed something to be offended about, and you eventually settled on it being you not respecting his wishes. After all, he did call you Y/n, and you completely disregarded your end of the bargain. He wanted you to call him Venti, you didn't know why, but that was what he asked for and you didn't obey, so of course he would be offended. Taking this into account, you constructed that maybe he did still have some troublesome business with you, but the reason he left so abruptly was because of your disrespectful attitude.

"Yeah that must be it."

Thus, your boggling came to an end and you concluded that his funny business was definitely not over, so you would need to make it a top priority to keep your eyes peeled and your senses on guard at all times. Unfortunately for you, this 'at all times' came sooner than expected, for the green-clad figure barged right back through the door before you knew it, except this time charging full speed in your direction.

You flinched at the sudden bang of the door, and scurried backwards to back away from the oncoming enemy, the inside of your body turning cold with fear.

"What are you—"

"Shh." The bard now just in front of you, and you preparing yourself for the worst, you placed yourself into a defense stance. It was obvious you hadn't your full powers at the moment, and you certainly couldn't use them on Barbatos in the first place for certain reasons, but you were surely not about to go down without a fight. So, you let your instincts kick in and was more than ready to punch, kick, or perform whatever acts of violence you might have to to survive. It wasn't like you to not go down without a fight.