10: Embarrassed to Care ~♪

SCENE I

SCENE I

"Are you feeling any better?" The otherworldly traveller asked as he handed you a warm mug.

His worried self backed away as you felt the steam from the beverage melt into the skin on your face. You cupped the mug into your hands and blinked, staring at whatever liquid rested inside.

"Y/N?" The floating fairy called your name, her high- pitched voice expressing a touch of concern.

"I'm perfectly fine." You answered flat, baffled and slightly annoyed at how worried they seemed. You looked up with half-lidded eyes to make sure your agitation with them got across.

"It was just a nightmare." The end of your sentence muffled out as you brought the cup to your lips. You sipped the liquid to analyze its taste, but the second even a droplet of it made contact with your tongue, you spit it out in disgust.

"Egh! What is this?!" You shrieked, holding in countless gags.

"Uh..." The traveller started, a bit shocked by your sudden reaction. "One of the nurses had me mix some medicine in—"

"Say no more." You placed the cup on a stool beside the old couch and pushed it out of sight.

Currently, you were sitting on mentioned old couch, with Aether and Paimon standing up opposite you. It was now morning and the fire from last night had died out.

Venti was no where to be found, which didn't surprise you, for you imagined that the second he woke up and saw you lying asleep on the floor a few feet away from him, he bolted.

"You have to drink it..."

"I don't." You said sharply, hoping Aether wouldn't press the topic any further. "I appreciate your help, but you really don't have to be here. It was just a nightmare and I'm not a child... so I can handle a nightmare on my own."

"She does seem alright, Aether." Paimon observed, crossing her arms and looking at the knight. "And Paimon is hungry, so we should—"

"We just had breakfast, Paimon." He rolled his eyes and put an end to her nonsense. "Anyways, sorry for overwhelming you, Y/N, but uh— we were told that you were in a much worse state... or at least the way we were told made it seem  that way."

"Yeah!" Paimon joined in, definitely not forgetting about her hunger. "That stupid bard was in such a panic that I didn't even get to finish my third portion of breakfast!"

You perked up from what she said. "Bard?"

The blondie sighed a deep and exasperated sigh. "Paimon..."