11: A Wandering Cecilia ~♪

SCENE I

SCENE I

An agonizing voice made a piercing echo in his ears as he slept. He tossed and turned, trying to escape the strangely familiar events that caused a ruckus in his slumber.

"Apologize to me."

Venti's eyes burst open with astounding force and he jolted into a sit, panting ferociously as he recollected his nightmare.

One of his shaky fingers wiped the cold sweat from his colorless face and he finally caught his breath.

"Um... Mister? Are you okay?"

Just to his right, stood a young child— a girl who appeared to be around the age of seven. She had a hand rested curiously on the giant tree in which Venti leaned against.

Although his eyes were locked on hers, the bard looked to be in a completely different world.

He was likely still in shock, but fortunately still seemed aware of where he was.

He glanced above him, only to see the overflowing branches of the elegant tree that sprouted itself from the ground in Windtrace.

Compared to Venti's previous state, the environment was extraordinarily peaceful, with the only sound being the soft rustles of the branches and leaves as they flurried with the wind.

He breathed a deep sigh and tilted his head backwards so it could rest itself on the stump of the tree.

"Mister?"

The child's voice sounded again and this time as to not alarm her, Venti replied.

"I'm alright, kiddo." He smiled warmly, his head still against the bark, but now tilted to face the girl.

"Why are you all alone?" She asked as her brunette braids fell over her shoulder. "Don't you have any friends?"

Venti stifled a laugh. "Why of course I do~ I've got so many friends that I couldn't even count!"

The young girl dropped into a criss-crossed position and scooted next to the bard.

"Then why do you look so sad? Did you fight with one of them?" Her curious eyes gazed deep into Venti's, and for a mere moment, he was afraid that she could read his mind.

Once again, he sighed.

"I guess you could say that." He broke the eye contact and fixated his vision on the grassy plains in front of him.