02: An Unsightly Reunion ‧˚⊹♪

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

SCENE I ꒷꒦‧₊˚

Noise.

That was all that you could comprehend at the moment— loud sounds and blackness. You weren't sure if you had gone blind or you just simply had your eyes closed. Whatever the case, your paralyzed body didn't even have enough strength to open your eyes and find out. You had no feeling, no vision, and no sense of smell, so it was likely you couldn't taste either.

From what you could tell, it seemed your consciousness had just awoken for the first time in awhile, though time works differently while sleeping, so maybe it had only been a few seconds?

"Ugh... so noisy."

Since your only functioning sense was hearing, even the quietest of sounds seemed significantly louder than they actually were. What's worse, despite the constant noise, you couldn't pinpoint or process any of it, for your ears were ringing too loudly to even think.

"Are they even talking? Or are they just making noise..?"

All you could make of it were the obnoxious mumbling, blabbering mouths of humans.

One finger made a slight twitch, which meant your sense of touch was finally coming back to you. At least being completely paralyzed could be crossed off the list of worries.

"Agh!" You let out a pained cry as you attempted to open your eyes, the unforgiving sun blinding you through the window of an unfamiliar room. This sun was much different than the sun you were acquainted with as a child— it was too bright. The sharp stinging had forced you to shut your eyes again, but after an excessive amount of blinking, you found them adjusting to the atmosphere.

You glanced around to comprehend what was happening and where you were. It seemed you had been unconscious on a bed in some sort of hospital wing.

"A bed? Why am I in so much pain? Why am I—"

You jolted to a sitting position, with an agonizing pain flowing through each of your joints. You're head pounded but you couldn't care any less, for you realized the truth of where you were.

"I'm finally out... I'm finally..."

Shaking because of an almost hysterical amount of emotion, you brought your now sensible hands to your face, hoping it would help cope with the overwhelming sense of feeling real again. Hiding underneath your hands were your shocked and desolate eyes. They were paired with a helpless smile, one which couldn't help but let out a quiet, breathless chuckle in response to your current situation.

"I'm free? It can't be..."

The sudden urge to vomit rushed through your body, which ironically enough brought the color of a living human back to your face.

It was warm, but it was definitely not the normal kind of warmth. This nausea-inducing heat inside you acted as if its purpose was to replace your brain, for you knew exactly what you needed to do.

"I have to get out of here as fast as possible."

You noted the most effective route of escape and silently slid your legs off of the hospital bed, taking care not to be heard by a busy nurse. There were only two in the hospital wing at the moment, and even though they were tending to other patients, it was still surprising that they hadn't noticed you'd woken up yet.

Reuniting your bare feet to the floor, you were planning to make a run for it. That was the only idea you had— the genius idea to bolt through the front doors as fast as you could before anyone even had a chance to notice.