13 | Quidditch

Chapter 13: Quidditch

"Oi, Harry!" called the voice of his redheaded friend from down the corridor, "You coming to watch the Quidditch game tomorrow?" Ron made his way closer to Harry.

Harry had forgotten that Quidditch was already starting up again. He hadn't really been keeping track of it now that he was no longer able to play for Gryffindor. "Of course," Harry responded to Ron, "who's playing again?"

"Slytherin and Gryffindor! Blimey Harry, who are you turning into? Have you just stopped caring about Quidditch altogether now?" Ron said teasingly.

"I guess I've just been distracted lately. Hopefully I can still watch with you and Hermione and the rest of the gang even though I'm not technically part of the house anymore" Harry said hopefully.

"I'm sure 'Mione won't mind the company. And did I not tell you? I made the team this year as Keeper!" the redhead beamed.

"That's amazing, Ron! I always told you you'd make the team if you tried." Harry was genuinely happy for his friend, but that didn't stop the slight pang in his chest as he realized that he and his Gryffindor friends were already drifting apart.

"Thanks mate, and did you hear Ginny made it on as Seeker now that you can't play anymore?"

"No, I hadn't heard that," Harry responded a little absently, still grappling with the reality of starting to lose his closest friends. "That's really great for her, though."

"Yeah, she's stoked. Anyways, I've got charms in five minutes so I've gotta go, I'll let Hermione know you're coming to watch with her." Ron said while walking toward his class.

Harry had Care of Magical Creatures in five minutes as well, and briskly made his way towards Hagrid's cabin. When he made it down the hill, he briefly scanned the crowd of students for Draco's platinum blonde hair, and upon not seeing it, took his place at the back.

Odd, Harry thought, he must be running late. Draco never skips classes.

As if on cue, the familiar voice of his new roommate quipped "You look like a loner, Potter. I'll take pity and stand with you, but only because Crabbe and Goyle aren't in this class." Draco winked at him.

"Thanks for the charity work, Malfoy." Harry feigned exasperation, but let out a little exhale of amusement. He was starting to warm up to Malfoy's sarcastic humour.

"Mum's been on me about being a nicer person, don't take it personally." the blonde retorted playfully.

Harry reached over and lightly touched the back of their hands together, enjoying the gentle tingling sensation as their skin met.

You sure if has nothing to do with me being able to pin you down and torch you at any point in time? Harry's voice rang through Draco's head.

I mean getting torched wouldn't be so nice, but the pinning down...

Draco, what the f*ck?

Calm down, calm down, I'm only teasing. The blonde thought back.

Harry quickly pulled his hand away from Draco's to ensure the blonde didn't accidentally catch him picturing that image, or realizing he may not mind that happening, either.

///

"So, Potter," Draco prodded, "who will you be cheering for in the match today?"

"Well, I told Ron I'd be sitting with Hermione in the Gryffindor stands. I may be in Slytherin now, but I can't just pretend I don't want my old team to win." Harry responded to the blonde, who was changing into his Quidditch gear.