12 | Bonding

Chapter Twelve: Bonding

Draco woke up to the sensation of being shaken and the sound of a strange song that he hadn't heard before. As he groggily opened his eyes, he saw Harry standing over him. Well that explains the shaking, but where is that song coming from? Draco looked around the dorm confusedly. It wasn't loud, but it definitely was coming from somewhere in the room.

As if the music could hear his thoughts, it got even louder. And louder. And progressively climbed in volume until it was blaring in Draco's ears, yet he still couldn't tell where it was coming from. The blonde covered his ears in an attempt to block out the sound when he noticed Harry laughing beside him.

"Where is that music coming from,
Potter?" Draco demanded.

All Draco could hear now was an annoyingly nasal voice practically screaming the words 'HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME'.

Harry laughed again and simply responded to the question by taking his hand off of the blonde's shoulder and walking away.

Weird, thought Draco, it works in this form too.

///

At breakfast, Harry walked by the Gryffindor table to go say hello to his friends. He noticed Ron and Hermione laughing about something while they sat quite close to each other. He felt a slight ache in his chest as he realized his friends were doing just fine without him there. Pushing that aside, he stepped closer to them and mumbled a small "Hey".

"Harry!" Hermione exclaimed. "We were just talking about how funny it would be if you tried out for the Slytherin Quidditch team this year!"

"Yeah, you could get Malfoy out of his own spot. Imagine his face if that happened!" Ron laughed at what he was picturing in his head.

"My fAtHEr WilL HeAr aBoUT tHIs!" Hermione mocked the blonde.

"I bet the bloody wanker would have his daddy bribe the team captain again!" Ron chipped in.

The two Gryffindors continued laughing. Harry felt his nostrils flaring in pure malice. He was absolutely livid and he wasn't sure why. It was like that time outside of the greenhouses in Herbology. He felt his eyes flickering again as he clenched his fists and bit his tongue. He had to get away from these two before he lashed out.

Harry forced out a little chuckle and briskly walked toward the Slytherin table for his food. He sat near the end, away from everybody else while he tried to calm himself down. His breathing slowed a little and he could tell his eyes were back to normal again, but he was still really angry.

Why was I so bothered by them? Harry thought to himself. It's not like they never make fun of Malfoy. That's never bothered me before... I mean, I don't hate Draco anymore, but I don't care that much about him? I don't understand why this keeps happening.

Harry was pulled from his thoughts as the blonde boy himself sat down in the seat beside him.

"You look pīssed, Potter."

"I am."

"What about? I noticed you talking to the Gryffindorks when you came in. Are they bothering you?" Draco asked, his eyes showing his confusion. As far as Malfoy knew, Harry was still on good terms with his friends.

"They were just... saying things. I don't know why it bothered me as much as it did, but I could feel my eyes do the thing and yeah..." Harry trailed off, picking at some oatmeal in front of him.

"Your eyes did a thing?" The blonde questioned.

"Oh yeah, I haven't told you about that. I guess when I get really angry, I have a hard time controlling... You know. Everything. And so sometimes my eyes kinda switch to my dragon eyes and I feel other little parts of me start to turn too. I don't know, it's sorta weird." Harry stated, glancing at Draco to see his reaction.