8 | Blackmail

Chapter Eight: Blackmail

Draco was quite curious what Harry Potter would need such a large room for. Why would he bother flying around inside when there was a perfectly good Quidditch Pitch outside? Why did he need to make lots of noise? And if he wanted to fly, then where was his broom? The answers to his questions laid before him, behind the large, blank wall that Harry had disappeared behind.

Part of Draco really wanted to follow the Golden Boy immediately, but Draco Malfoy was a Slytherin; he had tact. He could not simply barge into the room like a bloody Gryffindor. He had to formulate a plan.

What if Harry was facing the door? Then he would see Draco opening it, and be able to hide whatever it was that he was hiding... What if Harry was in there... With someone... Draco shuddered at the thought. Why else would you need it to be sound proof? Another shudder. No, Draco needed to think this through.

He wasn't worried about being caught after curfew at this point, as he was a prefect this year, but how could he use that to his advantage? Harry wasn't breaking any rules- yet. And Draco couldn't exactly claim that he had basically stalked Harry after dinner, either...

And then it hit him. He could just lie to Harry. He could wait out in the hallway until Harry came out of the room again, and convince him that Draco knew what he was doing. Even though Draco had no idea, he could probably get Harry to spill some of the details just by acting like he knew something...

Or Draco could go into the room as well. Follow him in. Then he wouldn't have to guess about anything, he would just see... But that risked Harry seeing him as well. But Draco was a Slytherin, and he was cunning. He was also a gifted actor, and rather charismatic when he chose to be. Draco could walk in and look surprised to find Harry in there at all, act like he genuinely had no bad intentions.

Though the first option was intriguing, Draco wanted to see the truth, not just guess at it. So he chose his second option, and repeated Harry's words in his head.

I need a big room where I can fly and make lots of noise.

And on the third trip past the blank wall, the doors appeared. Draco took a deep breath and slowly twisted the doorknob. Draco prepared himself for whatever Potter might be doing, and slipped inside the door.

What the blonde boy was greeted with made his jaw drop. Inside the castle, was a gigantic field, a pond, and a -singed- forest. And flying around above said forest, was a black dragon. A dragon.

Draco quickly hid behind a large oak tree, wanting to stay out of sight of the majestic beast that was soaring overhead. How had Potter smuggled a dragon into the castle?

Speaking of Potter... Where is the prat? Of course he would be dumb enough to lock himself alone with a dragon. He's probably dead. I'd bet the dragon swallowed the idiot whole.

Draco peered around the room, trying to see where the Gryf- Slytherin- might be hiding, but saw only a pile of clothes near the pond on the opposite side of the field. Would Harry have jumped into the pond, then? Why would he be in the pond? Where was he?

Draco was becoming frantic; Harry wouldn't be stupid enough to let this dragon kill him, would he? But where else would he be? There was no sign of him anywhere in the room...

His thoughts were distracted by a loud crackling, as the sleek black dragon above him blew a stream of flames at a patch of trees nearby. Draco whimpered in fright, and scooted as far away from the heat as possible. He looked up at the dragon to check if it had seen him move, and thankfully, it hadn't.

But as the dragon flew in lazy circles above, Draco caught a glimpse of something bright green, something familiar. The blonde watched more closely, and realized where he had seen that iridescent shade of green before. Harry's eyes. The dragon's eyes were the same colour as Harry's were last night when he came to bed...

Realization hit Draco like a truck, and he understood now. Harry was the dragon. He must've gotten an inheritance after all, and a massive one at that. Was he keeping it a secret? Did his friends know? Harry would've told his friends, he was a Gryffindor... He was a Gryffindor. But now he was a Slytherin. Of course, it made so much more sense now. Harry hadn't told his friends, so he was resorted.

Knowing Potter, he had probably even managed to keep his inheritance a secret from Dumbledore. That was pretty Slytherin of him, Draco was impressed, albeit a little jealous. Draco hadn't even received an inheritance. He had woken up at midnight on his fifteenth birthday to the exact same body he'd had every other day of his life. He wasn't special, or powerful, or anything interesting, even though he was a pureblood.

Draco shook his head. Of course Harry Potter, of all people, was a dragon. Of course he was. As if Potter wasn't already famous enough, he got to be a dragon, too... But now, Draco knew Potter's secret. That would be enough blackmail to get Potter to do just about anything for him.

Draco made sure that the Harry-dragon wouldn't see him as he slipped back out the door, and headed back to the Slytherin common room with a smug grin on his face. Harry Potter was at his disposal.

Yes, Draco thought happily, this will be fun.

///

Author's Note:

AAAAH guys hey!:)

We've got over 1K reads already?¿
You guys are the best.

Sorry for the wait for this update, I've been trying to finish this chapter for a while and I just kept getting distracted.

Anywho, hope you've been enjoying the story so far, and thank you to everybody who's voted and commented and everything, I really appreciate it😛

I'll see you guys next chapter;)