Chapter Nine

----- checking in with nat -----

Nat is having trouble sleeping. All she can think about is you on a date with Bucky and how if she hadn't chickened out earlier then maybe you would be on a date with her and not him. 'I mean he probably just took you to some fancy restaurant to impress you. Sounds boring right?' Her mind then wanders to the thought of you kissing him and having sex with him. She shakes the thoughts out of her head because she doesn't think you seem like a person to have sex on the first date.

She rolls over in her bed to find out it is now 2am and you should be back from your date already. She jumps out of bed and knocks on your door. When theres no answer she slowly opens your door to find your empty bed and a rose on the desk. An intense feeling then covers her entire body. It's like anger but it's different, could it be jealousy? She closes your door and lies back in bed. Her thoughts about you change, she feels a little disgusted by you. 'How could she sleep with him on the first date? Was the date that good?' She thinks to herself before rolling over in bed and closing her eyes in the hopes that she will just pass out.

----- back to y/n -----

Your eyes flutter open and you look around to see the meadow, glowing in the light from the sunrise. There's beautiful purple lavender spread across the field which you couldn't see last night. You sit up and watch the bright orange and yellow sunrise. Bucky begins to stir in his sleep, "morning gorgeous" he says with his morning voice which makes you blush. "Come watch the sunrise" you say before turning back to watch.

Once the sun has taken its place in the sky you look at Bucky who is sitting up right beside you. "Was it also part of your plan to fall asleep snd watch the sunrise?" you say sarcastically. "Would you believe me if I said yes?" he said in the same manner. You both giggled and stared softly at each other for a few minutes in silence. "So do you want to go get breakfast?" Bucky says, breaking the silence. You nod and pack up before making your way back to the car.

Bucky drives to a cute like 24-hour diner. The two of you both ate pancakes with a side of eggs and bacon. Before you left, you ordered food for the rest of the team, as it was around 7:30am.

When you get back to the compound, you go straight to the kitchen to unload the food, while Bucky puts away the picnic stuff and then change his clothes. One by one people start to file into the kitchen to grab food. Peter and Wanda were last, and of course they came in together, like always. Once they saw you, still in your outfit from last night they shared look and giggled. You gave them a confused look, "what? do I have something on my face?" You say sarcastically. "No, more like something on your body." Wanda says with a grin. You give them another confused look. "You're clothes! It's the same from last night!" Peter says almost to enthusiastically. You blush as you remember why you are still in the same clothes. "Is that a blush I see?" Wanda teases. "Maybe. I'll tell you guys later." You said not wanting to tell the whole team that Bucky's a big softy.

Unfortunately, your conversation was loud enough for some of the team to hear, specifically Natasha. "Hey Nat? You okay?" Clint asks and her face instantly changes from angry to emotionless. She nods at him and then storms out of the kitchen, but only a few pay attention to it. You notice so you follow her to make sure she's okay. When you exit the kitchen you find her sitting on the couch in the common room. "Nat, you okay? You seemed upset in the kitchen. What happened?" You ask as you sit across from her.

"Why do you care?" she mumbles, just audible enough for you to hear. "Because we're friends." you say softly trying to comfort her. "So how was your date?" she asked coldly which made you frown a bit. You tried to change the subject, "tell me what's wrong?" you say and she glared daggers at your attempts to change the subject. "Did you sleep with him?" she mumbles again. "What. Why?" you ask a little shocked at her question. "You slept with him didn't you?" she said raising her voice a bit. You jumped slightly at the harshness she is showing toward you. 'Why does she car so much?' You think before deciding to to hold you ground. "I know that we're friends, but that's none of your business Nat." you say firmly and she scoffed, "oh my god! You're such a slut! I bet you fuck every guy on the first date huh?" her tone become more firm as she mocked you. You're shocked to hear her say that about you, that she would think so low of you after what happened when hydra took you. You wanted to cry right then but you didn't want her to have the satisfaction of seeing you breakdown.

"You know what Romanoff, you're a real bitch. I don't know why I even try to be your friend anymore! Every time we talk you're mad at me for something. I'm done!" You try to say angrily as your eyes begin to water and you can feel your heart beating rapidly. Deep down Natasha is regretting what she said to you, "y/n-" she says stills firmly, but you cut her off before she could continue. "DON'T" You yell, making her freeze. "Don't talk to me ever again." You say about to burst into tears. You quickly turn and walk to your room, locking the door behind you and sliding down against it.

The entire team had just witnessed the entire interaction, including Bucky. At that moment he really wanted to attack Natasha for hurting you but he knows that wouldn't help you.

They all understand why you broke down, all but Natasha. For once, she was completely oblivious. 'What did I say that hurt her so bad?' She though to herself before cursing herself and storming off to the training room.

As soon as she got to the training room, she began attacking a punching bag. She released all her anger and emotions with each punch to the bag. Eventually all she could think about was the fact that she had lost you. She hurt you so badly that she lost you. Now not only did she not have you as her girlfriend, but she also didn't even have you as a friend anymore. Should she just leave you to cool off and maybe you'll make up? Or should she go and apologize, even though she doesn't know what she would apologize for?