Chapter Thirty Nine

When the elevator opened Peter was carrying you piggy back until you got into an interrogation room.

Then a man wearing an eye patch walked in. "Y/n, I'm Nick Fury. We're going to ask you a few questions" you nodded and Natasha walked in with Steve.

"What was on the drive?" Steve leaned on the desk that separated the three of you. You shrugged your shoulders and he scoffed and looked at Natasha. "Try guess" you had a smug smile covering your face.

"Was it research for hydra?" Steve asked, "cold" you responded and the two shared a look. "Shield?" he tried again, "ding ding ding" you mocked.

"What specifically was it?" he asked and you looked at Natasha who's eyes were trained on you. "Like I know, anything they can get their hands on right?" you leaned back in your seat. "We've been looking for you for months"

"That's funny because I've been avoiding you for months" you said sarcastically but they didn't find it funny. "Where have you been?" Steve disregarded your previous comment.

"You know here and there... Well there, because I haven't been here, but you get it right?" you teased and you could see a smile tugging at the end of Steve's lips.

"We missed you" You could tell Steve's words were genuine. "I hate to burst your bubble but the feeling wasn't mutual" you said slowly still with a sarcastic tone.

"You really don't remember us at all?" You shook your head. "They told me... never mind" you decided that it probably doesn't matter to them.

"No y/n what were you going to say?" Natasha lost her emotionless expression, you could see the hope in her eyes. "Um, they told me that I was in a coma for the past year, is that true?" you said slowly and Natasha looked back at Steve and they exchanged a look before leaving the room without another word.

You got out of your seat and headed for the exit hoping that Natasha and Steve were gone. When you opened the door an agent blocked your path and you managed to juke them out before running through the hall.

Even though you don't remember being in this building before it felt familiar to you, as if you knew where you were going and soon you ended up at an elevator. You were about to click the lobby floor but then your body seemed to go into autopilot and you clicked a random floor.

Once the elevator doors opened you allowed your feet to lead you through the room. You walk toward the sofa's, the aroma in the room was familiar, almost comforting. You basked in the feeling and let yourself relax for a moment. But you pulled yourself out of that state when you heard the elevator and you quickly ran down a hallway and entered a random room.

When you flicked on the lights you noticed it was a bedroom. You walked around the room, taking in every detail and this sensation of deja vu was twisting your mind.

As you passed the wardrobe you brushed your fingers along the top. You felt dust coat the tips of your fingers so walked over the the bathroom that you had spotted earlier. You let your eyes wander as you washed your hands and the shower is what caught your attention, or rather what was in the shower.

The soaps were the exact type you use and they were organized the same way, but maybe it was just a coincidence. You made your way back to the bedroom and over to the desk and looked for any indication on whose room this was.

You searched one of the drawers and came up dry. After taking a deep breath to calm your frustrations you made your way over to the bed where you spotted a small frame sitting on the nightstand. How did you not see that earlier?

As you picked up the frame you immediately noticed yourself in the image and shortly after you recognized the other figure. It was the one and only Black Widow.

'Is this fake? I don't remember meeting the Black Widow before this let alone taking a picture with her' you thought and you brought the frame closer to your face as you focused more. You sat on the bed frozen, staring at the image between your hands.

Your trance was broken whet the door knob began to turn and opened to reveal the woman herself. "Y/n?" she said as her eyes landed on you and you put the picture back down before looking back at her.

"What are you doing here?" her face was unreadable. "I'm sorry, we can go back to that other room" you stood up and she began to walk into the room stopping you. "No we can stay here" her voice seemed soft so you nodded your head and she sat down on the bed with you following.

"Uhm, how did you find this room?" it felt like her deep green eyes were staring into your very soul, it made you feel vulnerable but safe, you felt like you could be honest with her. "I'm not sure, it's kind of like my body went on autopilot, like it knew where it was going... that's sounds stupid" you pray that you don't sound crazy to her. "No it's not stupid" she reassured and you felt a tug at your lips but it fell as silence began to fill the room.

"Am I allowed to ask you a question?" you asked shyly not wanting to get in more trouble than you probably already are. "That was technically a question" she joked and you couldn't help but smile and you noticed she did as well.

Her eyes seemed to be roaming around your facial features and you figured she was trying to read you, because she is a spy but something was telling you that it wasn't that.

"Uhm, this" you weren't sure what to ask so you just grabbed the picture and handed it to her. She smiled as she looked at the picture and you kept your eyes on her as she spoke, "what do you want to know?" her eyes flicked between you and the picture. She couldn't hide her emotions as she remembered the events the day the picture was taken. There was nothing special about the picture, it was a basic selfie of the two of you but it made her happy.

"Anything that you can share about it because I don't recall taking that" you explained and just like that her smile faded.

Thank you guys for 6k reads <3 have a blessed day!