Chapter Thirty Four

Your eye shoot open and you inhale sharply. Your heart was racing, it felt like you had just had a dream where you were falling and you had woken up as soon as you hit the ground.

A smell catches your attention, it smells like pancakes. You slowly got out of bed, still thinking about the dream you had.

You assumed that the dream would already be fading from your memory but you remembered the dream so vividly as if it had really happened. Was that what really happened?

After entering the kitchen the heavenly auto as filled your senses. "Ahh theres the birthday girl! I'm almost done here" Luke spoke before he moved the last two pancakes from the pan to a plate.

"Morning. What is all this?" you snatched a pancake from a plate and ate it out of your hand. "You animal!" he scolded playfully.

"Breakfast for the birthday girl. I also have a cupcake in the fridge for you" he wiggled his eyebrows at you and you mimicked him.

Luke made you a plate of pancakes, bacon, and some scrambled eggs. You gave him a look like you were waiting for something, "How could I forget?" he placed a kiss on your lips.

"Actually I was waiting for you to hand me the ketchup" you joked and he mocked hurt before getting it out of the cabinet.

"So what's on the to do list for today?" you asked as he made a plate and sat across from you. "Well it's Wednesday, so I have work but i'll be home early to make you dinner"

You frowned a little, "What's on your mind?" he questioned. "I'm assuming I don't have a job anymore?" he chuckled and shook his head, "And you don't need to rush to get one. I got a promotion and as you know inherited a lot of money from my parents"

"Well that wouldn't be fair, me living off of your money" you joked and he laughed. "Soon to be our money, but I think you should take it slow, I mean you just got out of the hospital yesterday" he said and you nodded in agreement.

"What should I do until then?" you question but you already knew what you were going to do. "Darling we both know that you're going to binge watch The Vampire Diaries" he teased and you shared a laugh. "Yeah your right"

"If not, you could always go to the mall, do some self care or whatever it is you girls do" he suggested, "What do you think we do?" he paused to really think about it. "Like hair and nails right?" you got to hand it to him, you didn't think he'd guess right at all.

"Here take my card and treat yourself, it's your day, and you can take my car too" you smiled mischievously and took the card from him.

You both finished breakfast and you washed the dishes since he cooked. "I've gotta head out now, i'll see you tonight darling" he kissed you on the cheek before grabbing his bag and walking out the door.

You exhaled and let the air fill your checks. You took a brief look around the living room, "Mall it is" you spoke to yourself before heading to your room and getting ready.

About an hour later you left the house and drove his car to the mall. You didn't really feel up for shopping, so instead you got your nails and hair done, exactly like he said.

While you were there you felt like something was missing. You are lunch at the food court and sat at the table for way longer than needed, thinking about those memories that were blurring themselves out.

The more you thought about it, the further away the memories seemed to be. You can't even recall names at this point, just faces and even then they seemed the furthest from your mind.

"Was it all just a dream from the coma? But it felt so real" you sighed in frustration and got up from your seat.

You return home and watch tv from bed and you didn't even realize that Luke had already come home and prepared dinner for the two of you until he came in to get you. After dinner he brought out a small cake and he sang Happy Birthday to you. When you blew out your candles you wished that your brain would just make up it's mind and everything will become clear and make sense.

You got ready for bed and you both laid down. He wrapped his arms around you and turned you to face him. He lifted up your chin and went in for a kiss. To annoy him, you scrunched up your face and he giggled at you.

"Don't be so stubborn, give me a kiss" he went in again and you turned your head so he ksised your cheek. "No" you laughed.

"Rude" he playfully pouted and you tried to keep a serious face but you felt the tugging at the ends of you lips so you gave in. "Come here you big baby" you teased him before kissing him softly and your lips lingered there for a minute. Before you could fully pull away he held you closer and began to kiss you more passionately.

The two of your continued until it turned into a make out session. Things became heated quickly and before you knew it some of your clothes were on the floor. He began to kiss down your neck when a weird feeling shoots through your body and you froze. The feeling lingered in your stomach almost causing you to feel nauseous. It was like what happened earlier with the birthday mention but the feeling was different, like it was from a different memory.

This feeling was strange but familiar, and you couldn't tell exactly what it was, just that it wasn't a good feeling. You thought maybe it was something you forgot but you tossed the idea because this felt like it was important.

'What is going on with me. It's like my brain is erasing memories but my heart remembers them' you thought to yourself and now you were fully concentrated on this feeling.

"You okay love?" he pulled your attention to him. 'Am I okay? What is this feeling?' you thought as you kept staring at the ceiling. "Yeah I'm fine" you attempt to shrug it off, but it just feels like a weight on your shoulder's.

Just as you think you'll stay burdened by this feeling forever, it suddenly washes away when you looked into Luke's eyes. "You seem tense, I can help you relax" he says seductively. "Oh yeah?" he kissed you again passionately.

Before you knew it, you were both fully naked and you couldn't remember what you were think about before, that feeling was now gone.

Luke had a weird effect on you. He had a way to make your troubles wash away almost instantaneously.